Home

Get Rid of R2 dialog

This is a discussion on Get Rid of R2 dialog within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Get Rid of R2 dialog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Guess pitch is the setting you want to turn off.

It's in your general settings I believe, not batting as you would think. Try General>Advanced. Turn Guess pitch off and the R2 option will disappear.
Nope. I already have guess pitch turned off. Still shows press R2 and when you do it brings up the pitch arsenal the pitcher has instead of the guess pitch dialog.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #10
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

This is something new that I think appeared in MLB 15 for the first time. I think they implemented it to help reduce the clutter on the screen. Before, the pitcher's repertoire always showed up on the screen without any batter interaction before the pitcher began his delivery.

I agree with the OP. I'd prefer not to be required to use R2 to see the pitcher's confidence, stuff, etc.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
This is something new that I think appeared in MLB 15 for the first time. I think they implemented it to help reduce the clutter on the screen. Before, the pitcher's repertoire always showed up on the screen without any batter interaction before the pitcher began his delivery.

I agree with the OP. I'd prefer not to be required to use R2 to see the pitcher's confidence, stuff, etc.
I don't mind having to press R2 to see that. However, I don't need to be reminded what to press every pitch. At the very least I don't want it almost smack dab in the middle of the screen. Takes away from the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjkp
I don't mind having to press R2 to see that. However, I don't need to be reminded what to press every pitch. At the very least I don't want it almost smack dab in the middle of the screen. Takes away from the realism.
Turn off your pitch/swing feedback. It should be the option directly above or below that one. That should do it.

I know exactly what you're talking about, I have mine off. I play w/ a clean screen though.

I don't know if you actually use feedback or not, I don't, so it has no use for me. If that doesn't work, I'll check when I get home and get back to you.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 05-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Turning the Pitch Types Info off is what removed it for me. It seems bugged, though, because I still have my feedback turned on because I want to see my timing, but it doesn't show any feedback on your swings if you have the pitching display disabled.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #14
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Get Rid of R2 dialog

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Turning the Pitch Types Info off is what removed it for me. It seems bugged, though, because I still have my feedback turned on because I want to see my timing, but it doesn't show any feedback on your swings if you have the pitching display disabled.

I like the clean screen and want to see my feedback as well. Only fix I have found for this:
- During a game, go into settings and turn the "pitch select display" to "on". It's under gameplay options > general > advanced options
- Back out of pause menu to the game.
- Hit start to go right back into pause menu and back to "pitch select display" and turn to "off".
- go back into game and it should have the pitch types "R2" button removed but you should be able to get your pitch/swing feedback now. I have to do it every game but it's no big deal bc it takes like 10 seconds. Hope this helps.

Last edited by agentlaw13; 05-09-2016 at 07:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »