Home

Am I the only one who can't hit the high heat?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who can't hit the high heat? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one who can't hit the high heat?

If the AI is doing it a lot, you have to put the PCI up there and get good contact on one or two high fastballs early on in the game. Otherwise, they will just bury you with high fastballs. You don't have to hit it over the fence, although you probably will if you time it right with a power hitter. You just have to make good contact on it and take away that option.

When you take away the high fastball, you also tend to take away the low breaking ball. Particularly when they're throwing their breaking ball and fastball off of each other. Often times the changeup or curveball at the knees looks the same as that high fastball until it breaks, so if you take away the high fastball you can really get to them.

If you're getting decimated by offspeed stuff at the knees, just put the PCI down there and wait for them to do it again. Time it right and you'll take away that option as well.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
Rookie

I have all kinds of trouble with the high and inside as well. I've been trying to take the pitch recently. If I try to speed up my bat to get to them everything gets out of whack and it takes forever to reset.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #11
Rookie

JJSunDevil15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by japowery
And specifically the high and inside cheddar. Anyone also have this problem? How do you go about fixing it? For whatever reason, I have the tendency/urge to move the PCI towards the bottom half of the zone.
You need a gaming monitor with 1 ms response time. I had the same problem as you until I made the switch and now I crush high fastballs. Gaming monitor with strike zone camera is the formula to hitting in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
Rookie

I play on all star and I get to that pitch quite often. It has a lot to do with how u hold ur thumb over L3. Try to have it relaxed and not tense. Angle it so u can move it up and in quicker(I change grip a little for right & left handed hitters). If u are relaxed u will still be able to hit all pitches. Look at pitchers release point u will pick up fastball or offspeed much quicker. Changeups still a difficult pitch to recognize jus like real life.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #13
Rookie

its impossible
Old 05-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #14
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

High heat is usually an automatic pop up for me. It's pretty crappy.

I think hitting this year is beyond terrible.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 20

The upper-half of the top third of the zone is "unhittable" the same way the bottom half of the bottom third of the zone is. Sometimes you just tip your cap, it's a perfect pitch. But to answer your question, yes, I have a terrible time with stuff up. Notably I'm constantly swinging at heat up there because I'm scared it might be a breaking ball and fall in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #16
Rookie

JJSunDevil15's Arena

Nothing in the zone is unhittable. Each pitch just requires the correct timing and PCI placement. Up and in is guaranteed to get crushed if you get your PCI there with good timing. I actually don't mind the pitch, especially against an opposite handed pitcher.

If your playing online and guys get predictable with it that makes it easy to crush.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »