Home

Where do I view the draft picks I just selected?

This is a discussion on Where do I view the draft picks I just selected? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Where do I view the draft picks I just selected?

I just completed the draft in June but for the life of me I cannot find where my draft picks are so that I can sign them.

Thank you in advance.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Where do I view the draft picks I just selected?

Nevermind I found it. Its under the acquisitions tab. I didn't sim the end of day of the draft.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

After I signed my picks, how do I use those players in my roster? I mean putting them in AA.
I have a couple of A potential players (ready for MLB in the next year, as per the draft info page) and they need to play AA and maybe AAA until the year is out.
I signed every one of them a one year deal, but they are not on my roster. I can still find them in the acquisitions tab, but nowhere else.
What am I missing?
Old 05-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangulica
After I signed my picks, how do I use those players in my roster? I mean putting them in AA.
I have a couple of A potential players (ready for MLB in the next year, as per the draft info page) and they need to play AA and maybe AAA until the year is out.
I signed every one of them a one year deal, but they are not on my roster. I can still find them in the acquisitions tab, but nowhere else.
What am I missing?
Unfortunately, you're not missing anything. As far as I can tell there's no way to play with your draft picks until the next season begins.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, the fact that you have to wait until you've simmed to the next day messed me up as well. I was confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #6
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangulica
What am I missing?
They unfortunately don't get added to your roster until after the season. Once the regular season ends and you select "Advance to Offseason" and finish viewing the retired players, HOFers, etc. they'll be on your roster
Old 05-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
They unfortunately don't get added to your roster until after the season. Once the regular season ends and you select "Advance to Offseason" and finish viewing the retired players, HOFers, etc. they'll be on your roster

One of my wishes for this game is that our picks enter our organizations right after we sign them (and maybe make the signing process more than just a "file the paperwork" formality).

I just think about the months of possible development time missing, especially for guys who might contend for roster spots the next spring.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
One of my wishes for this game is that our picks enter our organizations right after we sign them (and maybe make the signing process more than just a "file the paperwork" formality).

I just think about the months of possible development time missing, especially for guys who might contend for roster spots the next spring.
You make a good point, however on the other side of it, there are draft picks in the game who can step in and play a big role in the majors as soon as the game allows them on your roster. That almost never happens in real life. From a realism perspective, I think that they do it the way that they do for that reason. What else would stop both user and CPU teams from drafting a guy in early June and having him be a big part of the MLB team the rest of the season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »