Home

Position Player Energy

This is a discussion on Position Player Energy within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Position Player Energy

^DH'ing takes considerably less energy, yes. Not sure about the other questions. I know playing a guy sparingly (PH in the 7th or whatever) used to burn him the same as a start but I'm pretty sure they've tweaked that so it's better now.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
^DH'ing takes considerably less energy, yes. Not sure about the other questions. I know playing a guy sparingly (PH in the 7th or whatever) used to burn him the same as a start but I'm pretty sure they've tweaked that so it's better now.

Thanks - that's good to know and great it's in the game.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #11
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Does substituting out a player mid way through a game help conserve more energy then if they just play the whole game?
Yes - When I have a player with less then 50% and I'm up or down a bunch I'll sit hit down the rest of the game so I don't have to rest him a COMPLETE game later.

It' helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 02:06 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I have noticed when bringing in a guy who was given a rest day to PH, they typically get most if not all the energy restored that they would have gotten had they never entered the game.

So for off days for star players in crucial games, I'll bring them in for a key PH situation without thinking twice.

I've noticed that the game doesn't always recommend that a player get a day off at the same point on the energy bar, and that the recommendations can vary from player to player.

For example, I often get sub suggestions when guys get around 60%, but I recall not getting suggestions to rest A-Gon until he was around 40% in the latter portion of the season.

So I wonder if the sub suggestion logic is dynamic and takes into account factors besides just the energy level of a player.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 2

When my position players get down around the 33% or less range, I will sit them for a game and only bring them in if I am desperate for players. The position players will commit more errors in the field when their energy levels are below this 33% range and I have enough rested players committing errors. I don't need tired players committing more.

But I do think the fatigue levels for position players is too high in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »