Home

Fell in love with this game again...

This is a discussion on Fell in love with this game again... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:19 AM   #1
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Fell in love with this game again...

This game has gotten a lot of flak this year. Sadly, deservedly so. None of the bugs are game breaking but it does seem it was rushed.

That being said, The Show 16 is still phenomenal. I love the variety of games i'm getting. From pitchers duals to slug fests. I get some that start off with runs everywhere and then the bullpens shut it down. I get games where starters are dominant then the wheels fall off. By far their best effort on this as before I tended to get a lot it 3-2, 4-3, 4-2 games. I still get those but way more variety!!

I can see the good and as always it outweighs the bad. Loving this game! Keep striving for perfection SCEA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 01:38 AM   #2
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fell in love with this game again...

I gotta be honest, im probably in the minority but I think the game is great. Only thing I have experienced is player morale can get a bit funky at times but it fixes its self in the off season.

Its the first year I have truly played the show longer than a month too. I play it daily first time Ive done that.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I absolutely love the game. I'm addicted to it. Try to play one DD, one Season and five or six RTTS games a day. Base running drives me nuts at times, and why I botch some catches in left field remains a mystery, but I too love the variety in games. Got to stop writing. Got to go earn more stubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
I gotta be honest, im probably in the minority but I think the game is great. Only thing I have experienced is player morale can get a bit funky at times but it fixes its self in the off season.

Its the first year I have truly played the show longer than a month too. I play it daily first time Ive done that.
I am in the minority with you.

I love this game. Are there problems? Sure! But none of those really hamper my experience with the game. I get home from work and play usually 3 games a night. Weekends, unless I have plans, I play from morning to night.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-20-2016, 09:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

I really don't see the problems that people are experiencing. The game is amazing. I play MOM and it is by far the most realistic show that has been produced. The Dev teams listen, respond and are interactive with the community. I think player morale is awesome. I love how guys rating change even daily. Stop worrying about feelings and just play.

Graphics- Best of any sports game period. Only comparison is NBA 2K

Franchise- If you are a baseball fan how are you not intrigued by everything that is in this mode, even the budgets have revenue sharing, amazing.

Realism- I am 108 games into my first season and the statistics are almost scary as close as they are to real life. Guys if you play MOM and want realism look at NOMO's sliders. 259 AVG thats me and era's across the board are on point.

Trade Logic- Greatly improved, I see more of them and non seem to be stupidly unrealistic. I do wish we still had Trade Delay In
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

I have seen very few problems. Honestly my experience has been near flawless. Few gameplay bugs that are still here after years of playing, but so far I haven't really seen much that'd even come close to hampering my experience.

Every game in the world has bugs, no matter how long it's been made, and who makes it, it's how things go, it'll never change, no game will ever be perfect.

Love this game! Only game I look forward to every single year with the same level of enthusiasm!
Old 05-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

This is the first time I have bought the show since 2010. I must say that I for one am really enjoying the game. It is very fun. Can't wait to start a franchise with those Hybrid rosters.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am in the minority with you.

I love this game. Are there problems? Sure! But none of those really hamper my experience with the game. I get home from work and play usually 3 games a night. Weekends, unless I have plans, I play from morning to night.

It is a very solid game. I wish I could say the issues have never hampered my experience, but it hasn't been enough to shake me from playing as much as possible.

I don't know how much is the game itself (though some of the improvements/new things I like - and the continuation of routes/route errors for fielders is one of my favorites) or playing my carryover and continuing to watch them change and wondering what chapters they'll add to their career stories, but I keep playing through the problems and still, overall, having a good time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »