Home

Why does good timing = pop up/foul tip?

This is a discussion on Why does good timing = pop up/foul tip? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #17
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why does good timing = pop up/foul tip?

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #18
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm guilty of this too, but I wish more people would include video of the complaints they're talking about. It's not that I don't believe, exactly, but that it's run so counter to my own experience that it's hard to countenance. "20+" pop-ups or fouls off good timing on balls down the middle per game? I'd like to see that - in part to feel better about my own batting results, and in part to be jealous about getting 20 meatballs a game.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #19
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
I'm guilty of this too, but I wish more people would include video of the complaints they're talking about. It's not that I don't believe, exactly, but that it's run so counter to my own experience that it's hard to countenance. "20+" pop-ups or fouls off good timing on balls down the middle per game? I'd like to see that - in part to feel better about my own batting results, and in part to be jealous about getting 20 meatballs a game.

It's cool that you don't believe me. I honestly would feel the exact same way you do, but you're forgetting one thing. Dynamic difficulty knocks me down to beginner. Ever play on beginner or rookie? Every pitch catches a whole lot of the plate. So terribles like me can get a feel for it. Try it. See if you don't get 20 to ding around. It's hilarious. I'll even make a wager. I'll buy your copy next year if you don't. You have my word.

I'm not new to baseball or The Show. I usually play All Star or HoF, depending on sliders and what I feel is a better simulation style. That's why I find this quite a struggle. As I said...I get presents gift wrapped just screaming to be hit, and my PCI is a huge green monster and timing is good. 110 MPH whistling right into the second baseman's glove, etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, just because I figured I have tried everything...why not. At the risk of allowing the placebo effect to really persuade me - I honestly think it may have done something. I absolutley know that it is almost impossible, but I just played a game starting at beginner/dynamic difficulty and I got 18 hits. All kinds of home runs and doubles, etc. It bumped me to veteran. Hopefully I am cured.

I'm not looking to tear the cover off every pitch. I'd like to get more than a run and maybe 4-5 hits (on a good day) a game when I am seeing beach balls at the plate.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

try adjusting your TV to game mode. it helps eliminate input lag.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #21
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
SeriouslY zone hitting will end those frustrations.
I agree 100%. I was in the same boat and getting frustrated with directional hitting being very random even with good timing. I switched to Zone for the first time, and within 1 game I felt the difference. The genuine contact point with good PCI placement and timing resulting in good clean contact and not random ground balls/pop ups. I was struggling to hit on All-Star with directional but on Zone I'm having success on Hall of Fame
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »