Home

MLB The Show 16: Help with analog pitching

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Help with analog pitching within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 16: Help with analog pitching

I am playing a pitcher in RTTS (my normal mode of play in MLB The Show) and I decided to try analog instead of the meter. In general, I like the feel of it better (plus my X button is getting worn out, LOL!) but man, it is HARD to control the cursor to end up on the target circle on the stick-up move! It requires such precision, and for me it is hard to be that exact with such a small range of movement of the stick.

Any tips on this? Would some kind of joystick extender help? I feel like I have to hold the controller EXACTLY the same every pitch, every game to have any muscle memory to help me move the stick exactly right.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this === stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16: Help with analog pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdaddy
I am playing a pitcher in RTTS (my normal mode of play in MLB The Show) and I decided to try analog instead of the meter. In general, I like the feel of it better (plus my X button is getting worn out, LOL!) but man, it is HARD to control the cursor to end up on the target circle on the stick-up move! It requires such precision, and for me it is hard to be that exact with such a small range of movement of the stick.

Any tips on this? Would some kind of joystick extender help? I feel like I have to hold the controller EXACTLY the same every pitch, every game to have any muscle memory to help me move the stick exactly right.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this === stuff.
Its tied to your control and your control on each pitch. As your control increases the little squiggly lines you see on the up swing go away. Also be smooth and steady with your upswing. You don't have to slam the stick back up. The speed increase from slow and steady to quick and fast with the right stick is very minimum. Using Rondon as my closer I steadily hit 100 to 101 using a slow steady upswing.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Bamagrad
Its tied to your control and your control on each pitch. As your control increases the little squiggly lines you see on the up swing go away. Also be smooth and steady with your upswing. You don't have to slam the stick back up. The speed increase from slow and steady to quick and fast with the right stick is very minimum. Using Rondon as my closer I steadily hit 100 to 101 using a slow steady upswing.
Wow great tips! Didn't know upswing had an impact on velocity etc.

I love analogue pitching and the only tip I can give is to really concentrate on the middle point all the way moving the analogue down and then up. If I personally don't my pitches end up all over the place and if you leave a pitch down the middle in this years game you are going to get punished.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Wow great tips! Didn't know upswing had an impact on velocity etc.

I love analogue pitching and the only tip I can give is to really concentrate on the middle point all the way moving the analogue down and then up. If I personally don't my pitches end up all over the place and if you leave a pitch down the middle in this years game you are going to get punished.
Yea upswing effects velocity and break. For fastballs your not looking at huge increases so I stay steady with those. On breaking pitches if you want one to really bite hard speed up your upswing. If you get the reddish color in the analog pop your looking at your at maximum (speed and/or break). But be careful when you speed up you lose accuracy thats why I only go fast on breaking pitches. If you miss here its usually outside or in the dirt but with fastballs you end up throwing meatballs.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:53 AM   #5
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Yea upswing effects velocity and break. For fastballs your not looking at huge increases so I stay steady with those. On breaking pitches if you want one to really bite hard speed up your upswing. If you get the reddish color in the analog pop your looking at your at maximum (speed and/or break). But be careful when you speed up you lose accuracy thats why I only go fast on breaking pitches. If you miss here its usually outside or in the dirt but with fastballs you end up throwing meatballs.
Great thanks man! Definitely helpful tips before I play the Wildcard game Giants vs Cardinals tonight. Massive Bumgarner fan here and the amount of pressure I'm feeling to keep his postseason stats and performances in tact is insane...stressed like crazy and don't even feel like playing it hahahaha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Great thanks man! Definitely helpful tips before I play the Wildcard game Giants vs Cardinals tonight. Massive Bumgarner fan here and the amount of pressure I'm feeling to keep his postseason stats and performances in tact is insane...stressed like crazy and don't even feel like playing it hahahaha.
Good luck hope it helped
Old 05-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

Quote:
Good luck hope it helped
Thanks man, well it helped last night. Managed to shut out the Rockies at AT&T. Thanks for all the great tips
Old 05-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Very nice, congrats on the win

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »