Home

Presentation for 2017

This is a discussion on Presentation for 2017 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #9
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 Re: Presentation for 2017

In addition to what's been said, do we have good player specific celebrations like for base hits. Players, usually develop a routine with celebrating hits whether it's a sassy bat flip, or pointing to the sky every time, things like that. Is that in this game? I don't have the last two versions because of the analog batting issue.

I hope by next year or something in development is a much tailored atmosphere per ballpark and even players. I'd love acoustic differences by ballpark instead of the same sound every where it seems. Not only acoustics, I'm hoping dearly for an in depth wind/weather system by next year or 2018 for every ballpark. The wind has a presence in the game, but it needs to become a more dramatic quality of each ball game we get to play. Things like dynamic wind direction and wind speeds throughout the day, affecting infield dirt, uniforms, and flags and of course the baseball when popped up.

There absolutely needs to be presentation upgrades soon, I glance at live streams a couple of times a week and immediately start playing MLB 14 and there is no difference in the ambiance whatsoever. My biggest gripe of all is, their ballparks and crowds are the most detailed in all sports gaming by miles but their presentation does nearly zero to flex that muscle when we play. I'd love more exterior shots as well, we need to slow the pace of gameplay down to a normal speed so that we utilize every excuse there is to showoff these great ballparks and hopefully an enhanced atmosphere soon.

(I've also asked before for a much greater level of dugout animation and interaction, because it's basically still about the same it's been since 2010 or even earlier.)

Last edited by @legendm0de; 05-24-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 PM   #10
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Presentation for 2017

Dont know if this belongs here but Im gonna put it here. I would like to see some better team specific presentation. I will talk about the Giants since thats the team i know best.

I would like to see the water cannons shoot off after home runs

would like to hear the fog horn too, dont know what happened to it

The numbers on the backs of jerseys are too low and elongated.

I would like to see the Giants get some different throwback unis, have had the same ones for years and theyre are more iconic choices than the ones they have chosen.

Thats my piece for the giants, the game is great,would like to see some little kinks get ironed out
Golden State Warriors
Old 05-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Presentation for 2017

Yes Team specific for all the teams would be much better. I know as a Indians fan they put the Mario coin flip in there this year and it is amazing how much better it is to score. I just love that they added that. However I know that a lot of other teams are missing that sort of thing. Gotta get those all added for sure. I do believe you can add that now as sounds of the show....l think? Maybe not. But yea overall the game is amazing....it needs to to just work on the presentation for sure. Not sure why it doesn't do more. But hopefully next year a lot more will be added and cleaned up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »