Home

So the framerate is still bad...

This is a discussion on So the framerate is still bad... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #73
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: So the framerate is still bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Here is a vid of my latest game that I had issues with frame rate or stuttering or whatever you want to call it. You will also get to see what I have to do in order for the swing/timing info to show up. Forgive my swinging at a lot of bad pitches as I am grinding with the Dodgers and just trying to get the game over with and wanted to show frame rate issues. Start the vid at 3 min in if you don't want to see me playing the market as I am also feeding the Rockies lol.

I only watched like a minute or 2 there but I don't see much if any thing. There where a few balls in play that looked like they may have slowed down some but the pitches and swings didn't look slowed down at all.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:46 AM   #74
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Can you give a time in the video that the framerate was really low? Because if it's all throughout I can't tell - and there's a good reason for that. The PS4 records gameplay at 30 FPS, therefore that entire video is 30 FPS and it will be impossible to tell if the actual gameplay dropped below 60.

The only way to really show this issue IMO is through an external capture (some can do 60 FPS) or, like the approach that I took, through off-screen footage on a smartphone:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=35

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7&postcount=37

These must be viewed on Youtube in 60 FPS to really understand the point I'm trying to make - if it doesn't go to that setting on its own when you start the videos, change it manually. I know Chrome allows that, to name one. Not sure about Firefox. The 2nd linked post is the one that actually shows the frame drop, the first is just a comparison so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

If the two videos look the same.....you're not doing something right. There's a clear difference.

I see on the second video on the slider a slight framerate drop but nothing major and nothing besides that one and on the first video I see nothing. So out side of that one slider they look the same.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #75
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBluDodgerFan
I figured it out today. No more jitters, skips, stutters! Yesterday I deleted all my SOTS music (sorry DJwill) and I noticed that the skips were less. So today I deleted and reinstalled MLB 16 The Show and EUREKA!! No more issues! I posted earlier that I gave up on '16, Now I am back and The Show is fun again!
I don't have any SOTS music loaded yet but I will go ahead and delete the 50GB install and try it again. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So you are saying Polo grounds is the worst you have seen? What time and weather where you playing with and what do you mean by records and play a team that has the polo grounds unlocked?
On your DD page, you will see records. Use R1 to select it. Then you will see standings. Click on it and you can play all sorts of user teams. I play a team called Yetis to boost my stats and when you select away, you can choose Polo grounds. To find Yetis, push the right analog stick right or left until you see Spring, select it and then scroll over to the whip category and then push X and select sort. Then push R1 until you see the team Yetis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 04:09 AM   #76
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
I don't have any SOTS music loaded yet but I will go ahead and delete the 50GB install and try it again. Thanks for the heads up.

On your DD page, you will see records. Use R1 to select it. Then you will see standings. Click on it and you can play all sorts of user teams. I play a team called Yetis to boost my stats and when you select away, you can choose Polo grounds. To find Yetis, push the right analog stick right or left until you see Spring, select it and then scroll over to the whip category and then push X and select sort. Then push R1 until you see the team Yetis.

Oh ok that is why I was confused I only play franchise mode really and don't play DD.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:55 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm beyond tired of this argument of whether or not the framerate problems even exist at all. Hopefully this will end it. MMP with the roof closed is one of the worst offenders from my experience.

Again, this must be viewed at 720p and 60 FPS. If the Youtube player does not set that automatically, set it yourself. There's no sound, aside from maybe hearing my fan in the background.

The poor pitching is partly due to my trying to look through my phone to play (which has a slight delay) but the low framerate should be obvious, even more so than last time. And it's not just one pitch where it stands out - it's most of them. Even the meter, which should be smooth, shows it to some degree too (particularly on the way back down to the accuracy point - low framerate is always more noticeable when things move in fast motion). The meter does that on every single pitch - that's not stutter, it's just simply consistently low framerate.

Compare to this video:

And come back and tell me those look the same.

I have no SOTS set up for MMP or the Astros, so that's a non-factor.

I say low, but not "unplayable" low - it's not 60, but it is at least 30. And I still find the game playable (although barely) there. Others don't, and that's why there's such an uproar over this.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #78
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

I don't think anyone is saying you don't have an issue. Some are just saying they don't have the same issue. We've even had one person say they DO have the same issue and after a reinstall, they no longer had the problem.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #79
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm beyond tired of this argument of whether or not the framerate problems even exist at all. Hopefully this will end it. MMP with the roof closed is one of the worst offenders from my experience.

Again, this must be viewed at 720p and 60 FPS. If the Youtube player does not set that automatically, set it yourself. There's no sound, aside from maybe hearing my fan in the background.

The poor pitching is partly due to my trying to look through my phone to play (which has a slight delay) but the low framerate should be obvious, even more so than last time. And it's not just one pitch where it stands out - it's most of them. Even the meter, which should be smooth, shows it to some degree too (particularly on the way back down to the accuracy point - low framerate is always more noticeable when things move in fast motion). The meter does that on every single pitch - that's not stutter, it's just simply consistently low framerate.

Compare to this video:

And come back and tell me those look the same.

I have no SOTS set up for MMP or the Astros, so that's a non-factor.

I say low, but not "unplayable" low - it's not 60, but it is at least 30. And I still find the game playable (although barely) there. Others don't, and that's why there's such an uproar over this.

Ok I see a slight drop in framerate in there but even so it is very small and with the way some people are talking you would think people where seeing like 15 FPS. Now the other problem is that ever year and I mean ever year you have had people saying bad framerate and other people saying nope it runs smooth and this year is no different when it comes to that. What time was that game in that video and what type of weather? I have played like 2 games in that stadium with it closed and both games ran smoother then that video.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #80
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Here's a weird thing: I notice these frame rate issues as well, this Saturday I was at the Rangers game, they had The Show playing on a 65" 4K curved OLED and the frame rate seemed noticeably higher than what I'm seeing at home. It seemed closer to 60fps, albeit with a few jitters.

I realize this shouldn't make sense, but that's what I was seeing. Maybe there are some post-processing filter or refresh rate issues that are producing different effects on different TV sets?

Last edited by Turbojugend; 05-30-2016 at 06:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »