Home

So the framerate is still bad...

This is a discussion on So the framerate is still bad... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #49
Rookie

TruBluDodgerFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So the framerate is still bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
The game has been out for almost 2 months and it's still suffering from hitches in framerate to the point where it's unplayable at times. Any information on when this will get fixed? Also, the swing/timing info glitch is still there. I have to turn the pitch info on and off at the start of every game to get it to show up. I couldn't find a time table on when these problems would get fixed anywhere so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.
It is so bad for me, I went back to '15. I gave up on '16 after 5 updates, what a shame.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #50
Rookie

TruBluDodgerFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Sadly I am getting frame rate dips quite a bit. Sucks....

I would also like to add that I am not having this issue with any other game except the Witcher....
i am right with you, my dips are constant at First Base and batting.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #51
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0

Baseball is a game about timing and pinpoint precision. When I stated that the game is unplayable, I meant that the framerate happens a lot of times when the pitcher is pitching and it throws off my timing. That to me, makes it unplayable because it affects the gameplay and my hitting ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 11:11 PM   #52
All Star

While the problem is that for what ever reason some people are not having framerate issues and some are. Out side of cutscenes I have never had a single framerate issues in any show game and I have even tried playing in a few stadiums where people say they see it a lot and I still get none. I don't know why some people get framerate issues and why some don't. But it is not a wide spread major issue because if it was you would see complaints about it in reviews from websites. When games don't run well you see that talked about in reviews and this game you never seen reviews saying the game has a bad framerate and that it is not smooth or any thing like that.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #53
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdaddy
As frustrating as it is, the fact is that some people truly aren't seeing framerate issues. Which makes it that much harder for the developer to troubleshoot and fix it. It sucks when you're the one who has a problem and other people in the exact same program/hardware/situation don't, but that seems to be the case here. I also know it's hard to believe when you see stutter or other such issues that other people on a PS4 with the same program don't have the issue, but that seems to be the case.

There are a lot of issues everyone has, and those are easier for the developer to reproduce and fix. No one is saying you don't have the problem. Some people are just saying they don't. So something is different.

To go with that back when the game batman arkham origins came out ever one said it was a bug filled game yet I only had like 2 or 3 bugs ever and they where all small bugs that have only happened a few times each in like 100 hours of playing the game. So for what ever reason I didn't have the same bugs even though I had the same game and same system. I don't get why some people have bugs that other people don't have but it is what it is. Because I have never seen a framerate issue and because reviews don't say the game runs bad or any thing it makes it hard for me to even believe that there really is some sort of framerate issue when there is nothing to really back that up.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #54
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Okay so then why am I getting frame rate issues? What's wrong with my PlayStation 4? I have the Star Wars Darth Vadar version if that means anything The only game installed on my hard drive is MLB the Show 16 and the digital Star Wars games that came with the system so I have a ton of storage open.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 AM   #55
Rookie

TruBluDodgerFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
I played 220-ish franchise games last year, and I'm about 80 deep this year. The skips, and other framerate issues plague almost every game I play this year, probably a handful of times a game. Never saw it happen last year.
Exactly the same here. Would I buy '16 if I had known this would happen? Absolutely NOT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 03:45 AM   #56
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I think there's literally zero chance this is some case where some people are "having" the issue and some are not; I think it's very much the case that some people are "seeing" the issue and some are not. Distinct difference.
Thanks, now we need to copy/paste this for every "smooth as silk" drone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »