Home

So the framerate is still bad...

This is a discussion on So the framerate is still bad... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: So the framerate is still bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Oh my bad guys. I didn't watch the video and so I didn't realize that you wouldn't be able to tell when the frame rate drops. To answer another Poster's question, I go under records and then standings and play teams that way to grind innings. I don't have PlayStation Plus so I don't play any games online because I refuse to pay to play. This means I will never get to experience the Battle Royale mode but oh well.
Yeah, trying to explain this problem to those who don't see it is the most frustrating part about this - because there are so few ways to actually demonstrate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 03:58 AM   #66
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0

Okay, go play in the Polo grounds and if you still can't see the frame rate freaking out, then something is very wrong on my end. Go to records and then standings and play a team that has the Polo grounds unlocked. It's some of the worst frame rate I've seen. Someone suggesting disconnecting my PS4 from the internet. I haven't tried that yet but how could that be affecting my frame rate? I am not playing a game online vs anyone and it happens in all modes.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't generally notice any drops when hitting or pitching, but during cutscenes it can get pretty rough for sure. Any shots showing a large number of people in the crowd can cause a significant slowdown. Fortunately in my A''s franchise I don't tend to play in front of large crowds so I don't have to see a huge number of drops in my home games.

― Plato
Old 05-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #68
Rookie

TruBluDodgerFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I figured it out today. No more jitters, skips, stutters! Yesterday I deleted all my SOTS music (sorry DJwill) and I noticed that the skips were less. So today I deleted and reinstalled MLB 16 The Show and EUREKA!! No more issues! I posted earlier that I gave up on '16, Now I am back and The Show is fun again!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:22 AM   #69
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
That is really great for you..... It's no different than some having a glitch and others not. You are not adding anything helpful, only calling others who are having the problem liars?!?!?!
If you don't have the problem move on. It doesn't affect you and you can only piss off people who do have it. If the "I have the same hardware argument" held any water at all everyone would have the exact same problems all the time..........which they don't.

I am not saying people are liars I am just saying that this is more of a isolated issue because like I said you don't see ever one having this issue and you don't see it talked about in reviews either and I have not seen any evidence to show what people are talking about and I have even tried some of the stadiums that people say it is worse in and again nothing happens. So it makes it hard to believe but then I am sure that there are other people out there with the issue that have a hard time believing that other people are not having the issue. That is why I am wondering if people are seeing more framerate issue with a time of day that the game is set at or weather or at just some stadiums or what because if you talk about those things there are a lot of combinations of those things that could be causing the issue. Because it wasn't caused by something like that then ever one should be having the issue.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:24 AM   #70
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBluDodgerFan
I figured it out today. No more jitters, skips, stutters! Yesterday I deleted all my SOTS music (sorry DJwill) and I noticed that the skips were less. So today I deleted and reinstalled MLB 16 The Show and EUREKA!! No more issues! I posted earlier that I gave up on '16, Now I am back and The Show is fun again!

Any one else who is having this issue are you using SOTS or not? I have never used it this year and I am smooth. So can any one back up what this guy said to see if maybe it is just this causing the issue?
Old 05-30-2016, 03:27 AM   #71
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Okay, go play in the Polo grounds and if you still can't see the frame rate freaking out, then something is very wrong on my end. Go to records and then standings and play a team that has the Polo grounds unlocked. It's some of the worst frame rate I've seen. Someone suggesting disconnecting my PS4 from the internet. I haven't tried that yet but how could that be affecting my frame rate? I am not playing a game online vs anyone and it happens in all modes.

So you are saying Polo grounds is the worst you have seen? What time and weather where you playing with and what do you mean by records and play a team that has the polo grounds unlocked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Any one else who is having this issue are you using SOTS or not? I have never used it this year and I am smooth. So can any one back up what this guy said to see if maybe it is just this causing the issue?
It was a problem the very first game I played at Wrigley on release night, long before I even looked into SOTS.

And I keep harping on this - the videos I showed are from the same console and same TV with the same settings across the board. One is smooth. The other is not (at least not to the same degree). That has been confirmed by others who watched the video. The only difference is the stadium I was playing in. You can't see it - you've made that point abundantly clear in other threads. Good for you. I've been playing this game at 60 FPS (or at least very close to it) during batting/pitching for years and years, and it's never been like this. And yet I can still play and enjoy it despite that.

Please, PLEASE stop trying to insinuate that I'm making this up. The proof is in the videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »