Home

Outfielders Pump Faking

This is a discussion on Outfielders Pump Faking within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 12:59 AM   #17
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Outfielders Pump Faking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Any way you could post a vid for us?
Yeah I'll try tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used to have the same issue when I had Fielder Reaction slider lower than the default 5 setting. Once I moved the slider back to default, I no longer had that issue.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Haansen's Arena

OVR: 0

I often see this when my SS should make a quick throw to first. I definitely preload the throw, but sometimes the SS has an annoying animation that slows down the throw dramatically and a slow batter is safe when he really shouldn't be.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #20
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

I've run into the situation where a player will catch a ball, take several steps, even though the throw is loaded and then throw. I get the momentum, but sometimes it seems somewhat excessive.

Throw canceling is a great feature however.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Last time this happened to me was on a grounder up the middle to my center fielder. I pre-loaded a throw to 3rd base to get a guy going 1st-to-3rd but my center fielder was running towards 2nd base to pick up the ball. I thought maybe he wouldn't throw immediately to 3rd because his body wasn't facing 3rd base so I got the weird fake throw, turn and throw to 3rd motion (the animation took about 2 or 3 seconds). Maybe I needed to come at the ball at an angle so that I was more facing 3rd base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If you're talking about double clutching, then it drives me crazy as well. I play auto fielding with only having to press the button of the base and everything else is simulated by the game and it has kept me from throwing so many people out from the OF. I've had plays at first on throws from RF that were bang bang only because of this animation. If my RF had just ran to the ball and used the momentum to launch a rocket at 1st, then the runners would've been out by 5 steps, but they always stop, let the ball come to them, and then double clutch.

It happens on flyballs they can't get to that kept the runners at 1st and they could've gotten a force out at 2nd too, but they move nonchalantly and double clutch a rainbow into 2nd and still have a bang bang play. It is frustrating.

― Plato
Old 05-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #23
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If you're talking about double clutching, then it drives me crazy as well. I play auto fielding with only having to press the button of the base and everything else is simulated by the game and it has kept me from throwing so many people out from the OF. I've had plays at first on throws from RF that were bang bang only because of this animation. If my RF had just ran to the ball and used the momentum to launch a rocket at 1st, then the runners would've been out by 5 steps, but they always stop, let the ball come to them, and then double clutch.

It happens on flyballs they can't get to that kept the runners at 1st and they could've gotten a force out at 2nd too, but they move nonchalantly and double clutch a rainbow into 2nd and still have a bang bang play. It is frustrating.
I actually think this is by design so you don't throw guys out at 1B regularly from RF. The game used to have this issue badly, but they've put band-aids over it in the form of these types of animations, the 1B not covering, or the throw being inaccurate.

As for any other type of throw, I haven't seen these double-clutch animations. I use analog throwing with no meter (so just push the L-stick in the direction of the base I want to throw to).

Watch me play video games
Old 05-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I actually think this is by design so you don't throw guys out at 1B regularly from RF. The game used to have this issue badly, but they've put band-aids over it in the form of these types of animations, the 1B not covering, or the throw being inaccurate.

As for any other type of throw, I haven't seen these double-clutch animations. I use analog throwing with no meter (so just push the L-stick in the direction of the base I want to throw to).
It's annoying because the way my sliders are set up I've hardly actually had any balls hit perfectly for a throw out from RF, but each time I have the game took the out away from me because of the animations.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »