Home

What happened this year?

This is a discussion on What happened this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #41
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I highly think that you should give it a chance. Zone hitting has been great for me this year with hit variety.

In my experience this couldn't be further from the truth. I get a great mix of variety between bloopers, hard liners, ground balls, fly balls, choppers, pop-ups, frozen ropes, and others.

For those struggling with or frustrated by Directional hitting, I highly recommend using zone.
I very recently switched from Directional to Zone, and I have to concur that you definitely see a much larger variety of hits. I'm also hitting better as well, thanks to your Guide to Hitting.

Went to check out the batter/pitcher analysis as you suggested (something I never check) and he was throwing mostly lower in the zone. So I started dropping the PCI and looking for nothing but low pitches. Any high pitches, I let go, regardless if it's a strike (except with two of course). Needless to say, I've been raking in nice hits since then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 04:47 PM   #42
Rookie

Personally I think it's fine, I play on Legend with zone and my team BA is around .260, normal amount of doubles/triples/HR with a few changes to sliders.

You just need to know what your doing, whereas with directional you just need timing and a ball/strike choice. This is why it sucks to have it online I kill people hitting but pitching is boring since it's mostly getting idiots to swing at change ups in the dirt and fastballs at eye level.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #43
Banned

Directional is nearly worthless on Legend though.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #44
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Directional hitting on veteran. I just played two games. 4 total hits. What a joke. I can't pick up the ball decent so I'm mostly guessing. Anything I do manage to hit with "good" timing is an out. The fact that I manage to hit anything good is completely random. I'm about to snap the disc in half. I play every day, and I simply don't get batter. I've seen all the tutorials. It's hopeless. I hhhhhhaaaattttteeee this game.

Can I please foul off another down the pipe fastball. No? Ok, I'll just hit into another double play when I get one of my rare baserunners.

Walk? Do those exist?

Last edited by zpq12; 06-09-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENVCR
This is why it sucks to have it online I kill people hitting but pitching is boring since it's mostly getting idiots to swing at change ups in the dirt and fastballs at eye level.
Wow, someday we can all hope to be as awesome as you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSqueeze
Wow, someday we can all hope to be as awesome as you.

You don't think it's stupid allowing a major assist like directional hitting in online play? When I play someone who just throws meatballs down the middle but somehow manages to never swing and miss on a pitch in the zone, I know it's a directional scrub on the other end. It's not me being awesome as much as it's a joke to not force them to actually try to hit when playing online. Most sports games have these kind of caps.

It's actually ridiculously easy to be passable at directional, it's just way too inconsistent for my tastes. If that's how you want to bat go play one of the arcade games like RBI baseball...
Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENVCR
If that's how you want to bat go play one of the arcade games like RBI baseball...

So because they want to use an interface you'd rather they didn't, they should go play another game? Because they use an option presented by the developers?

If this is the prevailing thought in online play, I'm glad I'm happy with just playing offline franchise.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So because they want to use an interface you'd rather they didn't, they should go play another game? Because they use an option presented by the developers?

If this is the prevailing thought in online play, I'm glad I'm happy with just playing offline franchise.

For competitive online play, yes. You can use auto-hitting for offline to your hearts content

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »