Home

Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him?

This is a discussion on Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Would you trade your best hitter if you can't hit with him?

I wouldn't trade him, no. Good stats make good hitters for the most part. If I'm hitting poorly with a guy even though he has good stats, I'll take him into the batting cage and work on it until I get used to him. There's probably some kind of mental barrier that's causing me the issue.

Also, if the hitter is in a cold slump, you definitely don't want to rush a decision. The cold slump is nasty, regardless of the player.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #18
Rookie

ViewsFromTheP's Arena

OVR: 0

I dealt AJ Pollock because I couldn't hit with him at all, to the tune of hitting roughly .100 in the postseason of my first year. Also with the morale thing I couldn't hit him in the 2 hole and AJ still be considered a star (which is stupid), which is where he belonged in my lineup. It just wasn't a good fit and what I got for him was well worth losing him.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #19
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I recently started a Rockies season & I don't know if it's just a slow start by Carlos Gonzalez or if he's just one of those guys whose stance I just can't seem to get comfortable with, but if I were to go into season 2 with Colorado (which I'm not), I'd trade him in a heartbeat.
I'm having trouble hitting with CarGo in my Rockies Franchise, too. I crush with Arenado, but CarGo is hitting .218. If we're not anywhere close to the playoffs come the end of July, I'm trading him and his contract for MLB players and prospects, and using the extra money for a free agent starting pitcher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »