Home

I would pay extra for a commentary DLC

This is a discussion on I would pay extra for a commentary DLC within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2016, 09:41 PM   #17
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I would pay extra for a commentary DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Are you talking about O.S. here or MLBTS?

The only way this ever really changes is if they figure a way to add in and swap out commentary lines via online through "patches"(like the live roster)
Recorded lines are going to get repetitive.
1000 or 5000....you're going to trigger the situational lines a lot.

I don't like it much either, but it's a gaming drawback.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm talking about during RTTS. As a pitcher. In every single game I hear the exact same comment the first time i get a strikeout with my changeup (Well, he doesn't throw that change up often, but when he does, he's got a good one!) When I win Player of the Game (Well, you always hope for a good outing from your starter, but he went above and beyond...) when I tie up a batter with an inside pitch and get him to give an awkward swing (Talk about blah blah kitchen blah blah sat down and had a cup of coffee) and on and on. Every single game I pitch I hear the exact same lines. It would be nice if there was enough recorded lines that I could go two games in a row without hearing the same lines. Just two games.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Face it, if IRL commentators can't do anything to bring TV ratings up for baseball, then one single prerecorded disc of commentaty surely won't outshine TV's paltry effort. Baseball is just flat out better at the stadium without having to listen to a talking head wax poetic about last night's chicken sandwich at a local hotel. When I have areal game on TV I rarely even pay attention anymore to what the announcers are saying, Whether it be baseball football or basketball.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-05-2016, 10:04 PM   #19
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

True, but in a "real game" I can see the runner take off for second while I'm pitching and not have to rely on hearing the announcer say it. In a real game if I'm the pitcher I can just look behind me and see if my infielders and/or outfielders are shifted and pitch accordingly (this, for me, is by far the biggest problem as an RTTS pitcher - I have no idea where my infield and outfield are positioned and no way to simply look.)

I actually really enjoy good announcers on TV and especially on the radio (baseball is the one sport where, with good announcers, it can be almost as good on radio as TV.) If you're going to have announcers in the game, how about maybe just having 20 or 30 lines for when the ump calls a ball on a pitch I throw that actually was a strike, instead of "Boy, I hate to face him right now, he looks really fired up!"
Old 06-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #20
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Face it, if IRL commentators can't do anything to bring TV ratings up for baseball, then one single prerecorded disc of commentaty surely won't outshine TV's paltry effort. Baseball is just flat out better at the stadium without having to listen to a talking head wax poetic about last night's chicken sandwich at a local hotel. When I have areal game on TV I rarely even pay attention anymore to what the announcers are saying, Whether it be baseball football or basketball.

Guess I'm the complete opposite. It doesn't matter if the game repeats the same lines (obviously, the more lines for each player and various situations the better), I need to have in game commentary on to feel like I'm watching broadcast. Without it, feels like watching through the lens of someone's handheld camcorder. Even watching live sporting events, I absolutely need to commentating team present. TV atmosphere starts and ends with a solid booth in conjunction with timely crowd noise.

My suggestion is for them to bring in a radio broadcast team.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-06-2016, 07:56 AM   #21
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

It's always going to be tough to do anything about repetitive commentary. I heard MLB2K had pretty good commentary but even they would have repetitive lines. I'm not sure they can do much about that no matter how many additional lines are added. Adding some sort of online database for commentary lines would probably makes things worse. Just don't think there is much that can be done. Nature of the beast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #22
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

My suggestion is for them to bring in a radio broadcast team.
I would absolutely love a Radio Broadcast feel. I like a more at the park experience. And when I go to games I like to use a little radio to listen to the play by play to help keep up with what is going on. And you really don't need commentary IMO, just play by play would be fine to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #23
Rookie

buziii's Arena

As somewhat of a compromise, I turn off everyone except Vasgersian. So I get the play by play, but not all the other repetitive comments. It's a little weird when he asks the other guys for a comment, but like I said, it's a compromise.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #24
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
As somewhat of a compromise, I turn off everyone except Vasgersian. So I get the play by play, but not all the other repetitive comments. It's a little weird when he asks the other guys for a comment, but like I said, it's a compromise.

Yeah. I've done that too. I wish there was a Vasgersian Only option where it would stop him to interacting with the other guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »