Home

Two simple Zone Hitting tips from a Newb

This is a discussion on Two simple Zone Hitting tips from a Newb within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Two simple Zone Hitting tips from a Newb

I am a newb in the broadest sense. I have owned a PS4 for 4 months, and this (2016) is my first time playing the SHOW. Qualifiers: I am 100% offline franchise junky (hugely addictive)

Following a few youtubes and reddit articles, I have only ever really used Zone hitting... and boy is it frustrating. The obvious has already been stated - it takes time and camera angle is super important.

I have two tips that has made it "Easier" fore me... a newb.

1. turn off all strike zone indicators, including PCI. This gives you the purest look into the pitch and flight plane. I am not a "twitch" hitter. I simply try to take away 1/3rd of the plate at a time. (my thirds are high, middle base, low, outside, inside). Use the pitch analysis in game to see where pitchers real time tendencies are. It is a game of cat and mouse. Those that can twitch are another breed

2. NEVER go with quick counts. If time is an issue, just simulate innings. It is crazy to think a pro player could hit only 2 pitches he sees IRL. Same here. The batting aspect is sports simulation at its finest -

hope this helps some newbs. Also, not my tips as it has been regurgitated from many sources. Always have a plan coming to the plate. Don't be afraid to take pitches - make him prove he can throw strikes. More over... make him prove he can paint the corners.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »