Home

The most suspicious thing to ever happen to me in this game.

This is a discussion on The most suspicious thing to ever happen to me in this game. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Rookie

plainfacepicasso's Arena

OVR: 0
The most suspicious thing to ever happen to me in this game.

So here's what happened.

I'm in franchise pitching a perfect game going into the 9th inning with Joe Ross up 6-0 (btw my dynamic pitching was reset to rookie+ for some reason). I get the first two batters to groundout. And this is what's strange. Right after i get the second out the injury notification pops up and tells me that Joe Ross has to be taken out. A disappointment to say the least, I thought I had lost my perfect game. And then for some reason it let me finish the game with him and I did end up getting the final out and the cheap perfect game. This has happened to me before, but only in franchise mode and I don't know if it's a glitch or what. I just can't help but think that the game tried to cheat me out of throwing a perfect game after hearing other people describe suspicious things happening to them in there games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

Re: The most suspicious thing to ever happen to me in this game.

I don't think that the game would try to cheat you out of a perfect game. It really has no reason to do so.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainfacepicasso
This has happened to me before, but only in franchise mode and I don't know if it's a glitch or what.
It's a glitch/bug/error.

I've had it happen before (and was no where near a perfect game).

It's annoying, too, because if I go to the bullpen screen, it won't let me leave because it says I must replace the injured pitcher.

But if I don't, he keeps pitching like nothing happened. However, when I want to warm someone to get ready - nope, have to bring him in right then ice cold.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
I don't think that the game would try to cheat you out of a perfect game. It really has no reason to do so.
Skynet hates us all. Whenever my shortstop bungles a hit or throw, who else could be to blame?

Syracuse #44
Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss44
Are you sure?

I had a perfect game going with King Felix, 9th inning 2 outs, 2 strikes. I throw a fast ball in the zone and the guy swings, YAY Perfect Game, right?!?!? NO!! For some reason the catcher doesn't catch the ball and it goes flying past him to the backstop! Dude reached 1st base, and then I got the next batter out. Ruined perfecto! In my life of watching baseball I've never seen a straight pitch that was swung and missed on just fly right by the catcher!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Your dynamic dynasty being reset can happen if you switch the team you control while a play is still underway i.e ball popped up in the air before it gets caught etc.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I've had foul balls that were going to land 10 rows into the crowd, but while falling straight down took impossible trajectories back into play so that the CPU could catch it. That's the most "suspicious" thing I've seen.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticism
I've had foul balls that were going to land 10 rows into the crowd, but while falling straight down took impossible trajectories back into play so that the CPU could catch it. That's the most "suspicious" thing I've seen.
That sounds like last year's game, and I have fortunately not seen the foul ball bug (which seemed most frequent at Wrigley) happen at all this year.

Call it suspicious if you want, but it would happen when I was down 10 runs just as it easily as it could happen if I was trying to hold a lead in the 9th. I saw it enough times in enough situations to know that it was just a plain ol' bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »