Home

Still too many 23+ year old's in offline franchise drafts

This is a discussion on Still too many 23+ year old's in offline franchise drafts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Still too many 23+ year old's in offline franchise drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
There were talks about this last year, but I can't recall the general consensus to a viable alternative.

I do remember that in last years game, if you set scouting to manual and left your scouts with no objection up to the draft (essentially, not using scouting at all), the CPU generated players' would be shown with their real ratings like blue-chippers, or fully scouted players despite not being fully scouted. Kinda took the fun outta drafting, to me, when every player on the board is shown with their true ratings.

That took one part of the mystery away, but development is still a craphsoot/up for grabs.

I don't think that would work in this year's game. I had started this approach (no scouting) in my carryover, and when I got to the draft, I had like no kids with any information at all (so at least you might not get perfect info anymore), and since I wasn't discovering, I had a very shallow pool to deal with, which was mostly leftover kids from the pool prior (and had a craptastic draft as a result).

But I'm not sure if "discovering" creates too many players, especially since there (still!) isn't enough players to cover all seven rounds for whatever reason. Plus, there were still "extra" players from the last draft (and I didn't "discover" the prior year under MLB15 either), which is the "talent" I had to pick from.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #18
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

It's a combination of both this year I've found. If you discover prospects it over populates the draft. But if you don't discover players you will literally have no prospects to scout and the draft is a completely blind draft where you will not know any rating go whatsoever ever.. it is kinda messed up this year. It really needs to be overhauled in my opinion
Old 06-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #19
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

This is one area they need to address. I would love one single draft pool with the guys who pull out actually make sense.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This is one area they need to address. I would love one single draft pool with the guys who pull out actually make sense.
The draft really needs to be looked at next year.

My wishes:

* Better scouting with more information
* Remove/significantly lower older players from draft (23 year olds)
* Remove International Players from the draft
* Would like to see some type of presentation
* Addition of colleges for players drafted
* Ability to add drafted players to your existing roster

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

If they take international players out, then they need a posting system or something.

I get they don't go to the amateur draft process...so they need to be in another process or we'll never have another foreign player in our franchises, short of editing. That's also unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If they take international players out, then they need a posting system or something.

I get they don't go to the amateur draft process...so they need to be in another process or we'll never have another foreign player in our franchises, short of editing. That's also unrealistic.
I wasn't suggesting we get rid of International Players and I'm sure that if SCEA does go the route of removing international players from the draft, that they will add some posting system, or at least add International players to the free agent list.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #23
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe the 80/20 scale introduction is a good sign to come with getting those overhauls. Here's hoping.

Oh, and I can confirm that players, specifically blue chips, who carry over to the next draft DO age... but their ratings stay the same. So they are getting zero benefit from staying in school, just a year older.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wasn't suggesting we get rid of International Players and I'm sure that if SCEA does go the route of removing international players from the draft, that they will add some posting system, or at least add International players to the free agent list.

I hope you're right.

I presume there's a reason why they go to the draft...thinking maybe that was the only (easy/non-break-something-else) way to get them in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »