Home

Best RTTS Team You've Had?

This is a discussion on Best RTTS Team You've Had? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best RTTS Team You've Had?

Alright, so I've been playing The Show for a long time, and I've played through so many RTTS players. Every team is really unique because they make franchise decisions without your input.

My question to you is what was the most stacked/most successful franchise you've ever been apart of? Given the CPU makes trades and signs players, it's hard to get a really nice roster.

Mine happened recently with the White Sox. I'm a Mid-Rotation SP, 20 years old A Potential, in 2018. We made it to the World Series last year, but didn't win:

BATTING:
1. RF Adam Eaton
2. CF Rafael Ortega
3. DH Jose Abrue
4. 1B Eric Hosmer
5. C Jonathan Lucroy
6. LF Melky Cabrera
7. 3B Todd Frazier
8. 2B Ceaser Hernandez
9. SS Tyler Saladino

PITCHING

1. LHP Chris Sale
2. RHP Chris Archer
3. LHP Carlos Rodon
4. LHP Jordan Brennan (RTTS)
5. RHP Mat Latos

RPs: Pedro Strop, Brian Matusz
SU: Hector Rendon, Tyler Clippard
Closer: David Robertson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #2
Pro

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Best RTTS Team You've Had?

I'm in 2018 (Year 3) and was recently called up to the big league with my 20 year old closer. I'm on a terrible Phillies team I did notice however that the Cubs added Cespedes so now their lineup includes Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Cespedes, Heyward. That's nasty.

My Teams

Chicago Bulls
St. Louis Blues
St. Louis Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Bradley University Basketball
University of Michigan Football
Old 06-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

I cant remember ratings or our pitching staff but was on the Giants in 2018 and we made it to the World Series and took the Rangers to 7 games.

C: Posey (95-99)
1B: Belt (88-94)
2B: Panik (80-86)
3B: Duffy (79-84)
SS: Crawford (88-94)
LF: Ackley (74-78)
CF: Me (90-94)
RF: Parades (74-78)

Starting Pitching:
Cueto (88-95)
Fister (80-87)
Latos (84-88)
Samardzijia (80-85)

Relief Pitching:
Hernandez (80-85)
Melancon (85-88)

The team was stacked to say the least, we won I think 95 or 96 games in the regular season and we were dominant in the postseason leading up to the World Series where everyone decided to take an early vacation.

Now in 2019 the team has regressed and everyone is owed a lot of money. And I am stuck here for the next 5 years. I like the uniforms and the team is still good but wont be as good as last year.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

I guess you can always ask for a trade, but still the heart of that lineup still should contend. Pitching staff is still pretty solid too.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had a few great teams since I started playing The Show in 2009 and have won the World Series maybe 6 or 7 times. However, the 2017 Seattle Mariners team I had during my previous RTTS season might just be the best (was my 2nd season, first full year in the majors). I'm the center fielder and was mostly leading off. We won 104 games and ended up sweeping the Dodgers in the World Series. The lineup was:

1 - CF - My guy (started at 82 overall and ended up at 93)
2 - 2B - Robinson Cano
3 - DH - Edwin Encarnacion (from free agency, had a monster year)
4 - RF - Nelson Cruz
5 - 3B - Kyle Seager
6 - 1B - Adam Lind (platooned with Dae Ho Lee)
7 - LF - Colby Rasmus (another free agent pickup, did really well)
8 - SS - Ketel Marte
9 - C - Chris Iannetta

Starting Rotation hasn't changed (except demoting Wade Miley):

1 - Felix Hernandez
2 - Hisashi Iwakuma
3 - Taijuan Walker
4 - James Paxton
5 - Nathan Karns

Unfortunately, my older guys have fallen apart a bit in 2018. Cano lost 6 overall, Encarnacion lost 5 and Cruz lost 7. Kuma retired and Adam Lind and Iannetta left in free agency. We aren't quite as good this season. Currently 22-19, 2nd in the AL West.

I cheat a bit during the offseason. I save my game after the playoffs and sim the offseason quite a few times until I find a result that I like (can take about 30-40 sims). Some years I get a really good result (like picking up Encarnacion and Rasmus). Other years there's not much you can do. You just try to keep the computer manager from screwing up too much. For example, my RTTS starting pitcher plays for the Atlanta Braves and no big time free agent wanted to come to Atlanta no matter how many times I simmed. I chose the best outcome I could but it could take a long time before Atlanta is contending.

Last edited by Mekias; 06-14-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #6
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

I just finished up the 2019 season in my RTTS last night. I am on the Rays and other then adding Osuna to the BP and Tyson Ross to the Rotation the team was pretty much the original Rays. Somehow we managed to finish with a league best 99-63 record, sweeping the Yankees in the ALDS and beating the Angels in 5 in the ALCS.

Then it all went downhill. I faced a STACKED Cubs lineup in the World Series. Not only did they have Price added to the rotation of Arrieta,Lester and Lackey they had some random player they drafted that somehow made it to become a 92 OVR in a few short years. The lineup was the same expect for they had gotten Salvador Perez. As you can probably tell we got swept in the World Series. What a huge letdown after an amazing season.

I am excited to start the 2020 season though, my Rays signed Kipner and Lucroy in the offseason while making some other moves
Old 06-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

I don't remember the lineup completely, but w/MLB 15, I had my RttS SS on the Mariners and we went to the WS 3 years in a row (only 1 title). The season we won the title we won 112 games. I remember Cano was gone, as was King Felix. But we had McCutchen in CF, Kyle Seager was something like a 93 overall, and we had a stud generated young catcher who was in the mid 80's. Also, Jesus Montero actually developed into a solid offensive player at 1st base. We led the league in most offensive categories, my SS actually got beat out by Seager for the MVP.

Pitching wasn't as strong, and that is why I think we only won 1 WS in my 6 seasons with the Mariners during this RttS career. Made the playoffs years 2-6, won the WS in year 2, made it to the WS in year 3 and 4, and lost in the divisional series in year 5 and 6. I left via free agency since the team did nothing to improve the pitching the entire time I was in Seattle.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #8
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

In one RTTS, I am running as a catcher for the DBacks that I started back in '14 and I'm now almost to the 2018 postseason. Our roster has pretty much blown up through a couple of trades and free agency and it's been a fun 2018 with this roster:

C: me, Wilson Ramos, Rodger Matthews (injury replacement/random draftee)
1B: Paul Goldschmidt (currently on DL)
2B: Daniel Murphy (not 2015 playoff Murphy but meddling 2014 Murphy)
3B: Kyle Seager, Martin Prado
SS: Anthony Strange (random draftee), Chris Owings
LF: Mark Trumbo, Johnny Gonzalez (generic of someone not in '15/'16)
CF: Gerardo Parra
RF: Michael Saunders, Dan Silva (random draftee)

SP Yu Darvish (RH)
SP Patrick Corbin (LH)
SP Daniel Hudson (RH)
SP Jeff Samardzija (RH)
SP Wade Miley (LH)
SP Chris Archer (RH)
SP Brandon McCarthey (RH)

RP David Hernandez (RH)
RP Mark Melancon (RH)
RP Antonio Bastardo (LH)
RP Josh Collmentor (RH)
RP Wil Harris (RH)
CP Addison Reed (RH)

Jose Iglesias is also on this team, but he is in AAA due to the fact his ratings in this were prior to his re-rate. This roster also has boasted four Rookie of the Year winners: me, Arnold Savage (now on Rays roster), Rodrigo Olivo (currently in AAA), Dan Silva; four Cy Young Awards: Brandon McCarthy, Patrick Corbin (twice), Jeff Samardzija; and four MVP Awards: Goldschmidt (twice), me (twice).

In this same RTTS, there is also a rival rotation from the St., Louis Cardinals. They have Shelby Miller (developed into an ace at 95), Chris Sale, Adam Wainwright (upper 80s), Michael Wacha, and Joe Kelly (both in the mid 80s).

I have another RTTS as a 3B in Detroit, started in '14. This one picked up Carl Crawford in year one. That turned out to be a steal for the Dodgers as Crawford is horrible for the Tigers. Chris Tillman was also acquired via trade that season as well (also a bad hit for the Tigers). The offseason for this one saw the rotation dismantled as both Verlander and Scherzer were traded for a sizeable return. The pitching is in the bottom half of the league but the offense more than makes up for it, leading in nearly every category.

Josh Hamilton, Carl Crawford, Rajai Davis, Colby Rasmus, and Nick Markakis man the outfield. Miguel Cabrera, Ian Kinsler, Alcides Escobar, Jose Iglesias, and my player handle the infield. Behind the plate are Matt Wieters, Alex Avila, and Bryan Holiday. Victor Martinez is usually the DH. The rotation has Anibel Sanchez, Chris Tillman, Drew Smyly, Rick Porcello, and Garrett Richards (just demoted to AAA having struggled mightily). Fernando Salas, Carter Capps, Al Albuquerque, and Joe Nathan highlight the bullpen.

As an opposing pitcher, I would not want to go through the 2-7 spots in the lineup. Cabrera and my player flip flop between the 3 and 4 spot in the order while Hamilton, Markakis, Kinsler, Wieters, Rasmus, and Martinez mix it up in the remaining second or fifth-to-seventh spots, depending on who is platooning at what position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »