Home

1B not hustling

This is a discussion on 1B not hustling within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 03:30 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
1B not hustling

I've had this happen three times now, when fielding a grounder with my 1B, I use the analog stick to run to first for the force out, but he pulls up 5ft short and does a stupid foot shuffle and slowly takes the last 3 steps to first, allowing the baserunner to beat out the play.
Anyone else seen this?

When it happened tonight, I initially tried to throw to 1B but the pitcher of course wasn't running so it triggered the 1B run to the base. When that happened I switched to the analog stick and he apparently did not appreciate that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 03:40 AM   #2
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1B not hustling

I use auto fielding and this probably won't help your problem but out of interest last night my first baseman used a slide to beat out the runner. First time I have seen that animation.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I had a grounder to first baseman last night...use auto fielding...pressed the button immediately after the ball was hit. First baseman fielded it cleanly, but took his time going to first (was only about 5 feet away)..****nner beat it out for an IF single! Crazy!!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I had a grounder to first baseman last night...use auto fielding...pressed the button immediately after the ball was hit. First baseman fielded it cleanly, but took his time going to first (was only about 5 feet away)..****nner beat it out for an IF single! Crazy!!
I use autofielding as well. Twice during my franchise, my first baseman has fielded a grounder and instead of running to 1b for the out, he runs towards the dugout and it's ruled an error. Very frustrated because I think I gave up a run later on in the inning in both instances.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Happens to me all the time - When it happens, I honestly switch teams and user-control the CPU team and purposely get picked off at first.

In my opinion stuff like this is just stupid, and if it will effect the outcome of a close game, it's worth doing the above. To me, I want to enjoy playing the game and me having to get an extra out because the game is buggy isn't enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Happens to me all the time - When it happens, I honestly switch teams and user-control the CPU team and purposely get picked off at first.

In my opinion stuff like this is just stupid, and if it will effect the outcome of a close game, it's worth doing the above. To me, I want to enjoy playing the game and me having to get an extra out because the game is buggy isn't enjoyable.
Good workaround, sure as hell beats ragequitting lol
#44Syracuse
Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Good workaround, sure as hell beats ragequitting lol
Oh it's amazing I do use 30-team control in Franchise mode so I'm not sure if you need to have that set up in order to switch teams mid-game, but I don't believe so.

Last edited by sccavs64; 06-15-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Not the same thing, but I have noticed that whenever my pitcher gets hit with a batted ball, whether line drive or grounder, and it bounces right to the 3B/SS/2B, they will field the ball and then not do anything with it until after the runner is past first. I can't count how many times my pitcher has taken a line drive off himself, it bounced right to the 3B with more than enough time to throw to first for the out, and instead the 3B just holds it and then literally lobs the ball over to 1B, allowing the runner to be safe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »