Home

Minor leaguers won't resign

This is a discussion on Minor leaguers won't resign within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Minor leaguers won't resign

Trying to resign my prospects but some of them won't sign. They reject it the next day even if I offer more then what they want. They're at the 1 year 80k level but won't sign anything I offer. None of them have service time or are on the 40 man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Minor leaguers won't resign

They have no contract at all (a blank space in third column when viewing your unsigned players)?

That's odd. I haven't had a rejection in that situation. Usually, they jump on anything that makes their interest meter green in my experience. Maybe I've just been lucky.

If they are renewable, don't worry about it. Just leave the offer there, even if they never sign it. That's you "filing the paperwork" so they don't become FAs because they were not tendered by the deadline. That's the only time I've seen any delay in them signing an offer is if they are renewable and I try to sign them longer term, but they aren't signing it, even if the interest meter is green.

Later on, you'll have the chance to just outright renew their contract.

If something else is going on and this doesn't help, I apologize. It's the only scenarios I can visualize from my experience with the offseason.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Yea the contract is a blank space. It's the players who haven't reached the majors yet. After they reject it, the offer disappears and it goes back to a blank space.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #4
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorduck
Trying to resign my prospects but some of them won't sign. They reject it the next day even if I offer more then what they want. They're at the 1 year 80k level but won't sign anything I offer. None of them have service time or are on the 40 man
Yep I have had that happen to me too.. you have to offer them huge (by minor league standards ) money.. I think I had to offer the guy something like 150k to get him to sign
Old 06-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
Yep I have had that happen to me too.. you have to offer them huge (by minor league standards ) money.. I think I had to offer the guy something like 150k to get him to sign
If I'm not mistaken you can still force renew them whether they like the deal or not within their first 6 years, unless they choose to retire.

since I just give them the extra 40k or whatever I haven't tested this .. If anyone can confirm that would be great as I don't want to fuss around with the MILB contracts this offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
If I'm not mistaken you can still force renew them whether they like the deal or not within their first 6 years, unless they choose to retire.

I believe they would have the "Contract Renewable" label in that case, unless that's just a visual bug where the label doesn't show up sometimes.

If the OP has a prior save, he could look at the player's contract and see if the future years have RNW, ARB, or FA. If it says anything except RNW, then he won't be renewable.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I believe they would have the "Contract Renewable" label in that case, unless that's just a visual bug where the label doesn't show up sometimes.

If the OP has a prior save, he could look at the player's contract and see if the future years have RNW, ARB, or FA. If it says anything except RNW, then he won't be renewable.
Thank you! In my case these were all renewable so I guess I paid them for no reason
Old 06-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Good news that in this case they were renewable, but I actually did see this from time-to-time in last year's game with players who weren't eligible to have their contract renewed.

I added them to the 40-man roster and they signed. It's weird, they're kind of saying "I'm not coming back unless I'm on the 40 man roster", but the game doesn't tell you that anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »