Home

Any one else notice?

This is a discussion on Any one else notice? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Any one else notice?

I am playing RTTS. When I come up for my next at bat and look to see what my swing was like on the last pitch from my last at bat....it is completely inaccurate now??? Like it will say Chased and show a ball in the dirt when in actuality it was a ball right down the pipe and a lazy fly ball to right field.

This seems to be a new problem as it always was accurate until a couple weeks ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 01:04 AM   #2
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Re: Any one else notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
I am playing RTTS. When I come up for my next at bat and look to see what my swing was like on the last pitch from my last at bat....it is completely inaccurate now??? Like it will say Chased and show a ball in the dirt when in actuality it was a ball right down the pipe and a lazy fly ball to right field.

This seems to be a new problem as it always was accurate until a couple weeks ago.
Been like this for all of MLB 16 The Show for me at lest. Cant remember last year. It goes off the batter before you, so if you bat 3rd it is showing swing information for the 2 hole batter.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 AM   #3
Pro

shark547's Arena

Huh, I swear it used to be my last at bat. I guess I didn't notice. Seems kinda pointless in RTTS!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, this has been the case since I started playing in May. It's really annoying to not know what I did wrong. I can look up my batting history and see what pitch it was and where it was located but I have no way of knowing where my PCI ended up and what my timing was.

Basically, if you witness any other player's at bat in between your at-bats (either on the bases or in the field), it will overwrite your swing data. I have noticed however that if I go straight to my next at bat, the PCI and timing is accurate. I think the ball placement and pitch type is still wrong but I can at least piece things together. Unfortunately, if you're fielding at a premium position and running bases like I do, skipping to the next at-bat doesn't happen often (maybe 15-20%). I'm tempted sometimes to remove fielding and base running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »