Home

Things you can't do in The Show, that you can do in real life baseball (legally)

This is a discussion on Things you can't do in The Show, that you can do in real life baseball (legally) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 03:37 PM   #17
Rookie

RCMacc44's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things you can't do in The Show, that you can do in real life baseball (legally)

I don't think this is in 16 because I've tried, but switching the positions of players in the game. Like I have Daniel Murphy playing first base and Josh Harrison at second but I want to take out Harrison and bring in Joe Mauer I'm forced to play him at second base where Murphy would be switched to. Hope this makes sense and if anyone knows if this is in the game let me know.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Things you can't do in The Show, that you can do in real life baseball (legally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMacc44
I don't think this is in 16 because I've tried, but switching the positions of players in the game. Like I have Daniel Murphy playing first base and Josh Harrison at second but I want to take out Harrison and bring in Joe Mauer I'm forced to play him at second base where Murphy would be switched to. Hope this makes sense and if anyone knows if this is in the game let me know.
You can switch defensive positions in the Show.

Go the SUBSTITUTION screen and select the first player that you want to switch the position of, then select the second person that you wish to select the position of. In the game, they will swap positions.

EX: In your case, you first highlight Josh Harrison and then select to bring in Joe Mauer. Now you have Joe Mauer at 2B and Daniel Murphy at 1B. You would select Joe Mauer and then select Daniel Murphy and they will swap positions to where Joe Mauer would be playing 1B and Daniel Murphy would be playing 2B.

Hope that made sense.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #19
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Go the SUBSTITUTION screen and select the first player that you want to switch the position of, then select the second person that you wish to select the position of. In the game, they will swap positions.

EX: In your case, you first highlight Josh Harrison and then select to bring in Joe Mauer. Now you have Joe Mauer at 2B and Daniel Murphy at 1B. You would select Joe Mauer and then select Daniel Murphy and they will swap positions to where Joe Mauer would be playing 1B and Daniel Murphy would be playing 2B.

Hope that made sense.
Thank you for this info.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azstdogg
Thank you for this info.
You're welcome.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I could kiss you right now. This will be sooooo helpful - thanks for sharing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 10:32 AM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I could kiss you right now. This will be sooooo helpful - thanks for sharing!
You're welcome.

Please no kiss though

Old 06-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Play infield defense in RTTS. It's too difficult to see the ball coming off the bat in this year's version of the game. I (and many others) can't get a quick enough read of where the ball is going to reliably field it. This has never been a problem till this years game. It may be due to lighting changes in the game. Whatever the cause, I hope it's corrected next year.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #24
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Nevermind - just stat complaining (or lack of).

Last edited by Grinder12000; 06-22-2016 at 01:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »