Home

September call ups

This is a discussion on September call ups within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: September call ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
In years past you could sim/play your MiLB games on Aug. 31, recall anyone on your 40 man that you want playoff eligible. Then send them back down on Sept. 1st until the minor league season is over and they would be eligible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
MLB changed the rule a couple years ago, making EVERY player on the 40 man roster on August 31st eligible for the postseason. (Instead of only players on the 25 man roster, and major league D.L.) Not sure if The Show follows this new(er) rule change.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #10
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

So, just an update. After the minor league season end d, rosters opened up to 40 across the league. Like suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
So, just an update. After the minor league season end d, rosters opened up to 40 across the league. Like suggested.

Did it automatically flood your MLB roster up to 40 players, whether you wanted those particular players or not? That's what happened in MLB 15, and it drove me NUTS. I don't want to waste minor league options on players I didn't intend to call up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #12
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
Did it automatically flood your MLB roster up to 40 players, whether you wanted those particular players or not? That's what happened in MLB 15, and it drove me NUTS. I don't want to waste minor league options on players I didn't intend to call up.

Yep. It did.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #13
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
95% of those players arent going to be wasting options. You already had to use an option on them when you left spring training. The only time it would waste one is if it called up someone you traded/signed for and then put them on the 40 man.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 PM   #14
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I had the exact same issue, and was wondering what was wrong. I have 38 guys on my 40 man, and 13 of them were at Iowa, who missed the playoffs. None at AA, who did make it. So, I tried to move several of the guys from AAA to MLB, but ran into the 25 man limit until the AAA season was over. Obviously, they changed something in the code to prevent the rosters from switching to 40 until the minor league season is done. At that point, everyone on the 40 was automatically moved up. I also went ahead and moved many of the players not on the 40 down to AA to help that team in the postseason, but they lost anyways.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:25 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
95% of those players arent going to be wasting options. You already had to use an option on them when you left spring training. The only time it would waste one is if it called up someone you traded/signed for and then put them on the 40 man.
Interesting. I will pay closer attention at the end of my current season, I swear how I remember it was I had to send down 15 guys before the playoffs, and all them used up one of their options. Either way, I'd still like to choose who I bring up; normally I have 3 or 4 hitters in mind and maybe the same amount of pitchers. In years when I'm in the hunt, my September roster would be around 32 or 33 players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

Yes it automatically adds your entire 40-man to your MLB roster when your minor league seasons end. Any of those guys you don't want to keep at the major league level, send right back down. If they've been on your 40-man since spring training, it won't cost you an option because you already used their option for the current season to send them down when ST ended

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »