Home

Is it just me?

This is a discussion on Is it just me? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it just me?

Ok, I was sitting here thinking. I have been playing computer baseball games since the days of Tony La Russa. I have fond memories of teams in hardball and high heat. Even spent time playing OOTP when it first came out. I've been playing The Show since around 2010. Even then it raised the bar so much. When I think about the issues I see with this years, I got to thinking...it is still so much more realistic than any other I have played ... Except maybe OOTP ...

I said this in another thread but want to say it again. When my major concerns are the uniforms and "fluff", maybe that is a good thing. That for the most part the core game play is so good that I'm now looking at these other issues. Like the auto base running. Sure there is a problem and yes they need to fix it. But remember those games that were pretty much station to station no matter what?

I'm just saying that computer gameplay has come a long way. And I for one am happy about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: Is it just me?

There are definitely things the Show can't do that OOTP can do that I wish MLB would let SDS incorporate, but all in all, I enjoy the Show immensely. Then there are also things the Show does that OOTP cannot that if they could, it would make OOTP a yearly purchase.
Of all the console games I've played, and this goes back to the baseball gam on the Atari 2600, without a shadow of a doubt, the Show does it better than any of the others. Still, at the time when the other games first came out I got my money's worth out of every game I had. of course it helped that I'm a huge baseball fan. I even enjoyed, for the most part, games that other people considered garbage. If 2k still put out a game, I know I would still buy it, no matter how far ahead SDS' game is. I really can't wait to see how far console baseball advances in 20 years from now.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
Rookie

The show in my opinion is the absolute best sports game out hands down. I don't play fifa or hockey but madden sucks and 2k basketball is fun but lacks the depth of the show.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sweep
The show in my opinion is the absolute best sports game out hands down. I don't play fifa or hockey but madden sucks and 2k basketball is fun but lacks the depth of the show.
NHL is a disaster(other than the broadcast aspect), and FIFA is decent, but needs work. You are correct about MLB in my opinion.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sweep
I have to agree, The Show has to be the top on my list. FIFA is very close but The Show is just so much deeper. In my opinion though, I would guess that Baseball might be the easiest to replicate of the other sports as the gameplay isn't as dynamic.

+1 to NHL being garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »