Home

Tips For Someone Overwhelmed By Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Tips For Someone Overwhelmed By Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips For Someone Overwhelmed By Franchise Mode

Hello all,

I just recently bought MLB 16 The Show. The last and only other MLB game I owned was MLB 14 The Show. I almost almost exclusively played RTTS. I wanted to get more out of 16, and tried starting a franchise after a little RTTS, and have figured out why I didn't like franchise. It is very overwhelming for me. Compared to other sports games, the management of the roster, the identification of talent, and the length of the season is all daunting.

I'm looking for some tips to help ease me into franchise mode. I started off with the Braves. Current questions I'm looking at: How do I even tell if a prospect is a top prospect? How do you play so many games in a season? How do I manage my roster having the majors, and multiple levels of minors? Do you have any other tips that helped you feel comfortable?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: Tips For Someone Overwhelmed By Franchise Mode

USE OPERATION SPORTS ROSTERS FIRST OF ALL

Okay first, every player has a Potential. This is signified by POT and A and B are good grades for this attribute. A=90-99 POT which is superstar potential ( Mike Trout ) B=80-89 POT all star potential (Nick Markakis)

A player with A or B pot and us younger than 22 should be considered a top prospect.

Next, most people play every game. It is a long grind but makes it well worth it. You can play one game of every series or play one game a month, it's total user preference. No way to play is considered correct.

You can set the roster management to auto or you can do it yourself. You need to check the stats of your players in every level of the organization monthly. If they are having a good month and months consider promoting them to the next level. If they are slumping send them down. A Hot 69 ovr player is better than a cold 75 ovr player. Overall means nothing. A player could be a great DH in the AL but only have a 65 ovr due to bad fielding.

Basically just play and find your own way to play. If you have any more questions pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

You'll need to read this too.

Guide to a succesful offseason.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

If you're feeling overwhelmed by Franchise mode, Season mode is basically Franchise light. It is more than one season. Instead of the full minors, you just have your 40-man roster. There's also no scouting and most of the financial stuff is gone, although you do have a budget.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Use the handbook in franchise mode, you may have to read it a couple times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1

I was in a similar situation last year. I exclusively played RTTS in '09 and DD and RTTS in '13. Last year, with the changes in DD, I couldn't get into it so I tried Franchise, again. Previously, I would pick my team, do the fantasy draft, play a game or two, and that was it. Playing 162 each year seemed daunting to get the most out of the mode. I've tried playing 1 game per series, 1 per week, 1 per month, but found I was simming too much to feel like I was really in control or that my stats meant that much.

Then last year, I decided to treat it similar to RTTS. I picked 1 pitcher and played every start, so I played 1/5 of the season which for me was much more manageable. Plus, I could see my stats and how I compared to the rest of the staff/league, knowing it was all mine (for that P anyway) and not simmed stats. Most of the time, team management was on auto, but I still moved some players around, made trades, and did the best I could with the draft.

I transferred my file from '15 and Year 2 I'm playing only the games from my 1st round draft pick, a LF A level prospect in AA. Not sure if I'll continue playing this guy in Year 3, or choose another player, or play multiple players.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
If you're feeling overwhelmed by Franchise mode, Season mode is basically Franchise light. It is more than one season. Instead of the full minors, you just have your 40-man roster. There's also no scouting and most of the financial stuff is gone, although you do have a budget.
Wolf's post is spot on great advice.
Play a season or three, then when you are comfortable with what it offers,
then give franchise another go.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »