Home

Mets franchise discussion

This is a discussion on Mets franchise discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3
Mets franchise discussion

Just wondering whats going on in all you Mets fan/Mets franchise players franchise's.

What trades have you made?
Call ups/demotions?
Injuries?
Etc
Old 07-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Mets franchise discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Just wondering whats going on in all you Mets fan/Mets franchise players franchise's.

What trades have you made?
Call ups/demotions?
Injuries?
Etc
Very simple. Year 1, didnt do anything. Played every game, with everyday lineup. d'Arnau, Duda (Ended up platooning with Wilmer by August), Walker, Cabrera, Wright, Conforto, Cespedes, Granderson. Harvey, Syndergaard, deGrom, Matz, Colon (Then Wheeler August 1st). Same bullpen, no moves.
Kept Rosario, Smith, Nimmo together in AA all year. During draft, created my draft picks into top 3 real life picks (Dunn, Kay, Alonso).
Ended up losing in the World Series to the Detroit Tigers.

That offseason, let Walker go (Got qualifying offer), Resigned All 5 Pitchers to 5-8 years depending on who it was (based on Age/Performance) but everyone with different year so they dont all hit FA together.

My biggest and most impactful trade so far has been Trading Curtis Granderson, Asdrubal Cabrera and Rafeal Montero to the White Sox in exchange for Adam Eaton. I needed speed and grandy's overall dropped to 69 by end of the season. Signed Conor Gillespie and Michael Saunders for Left Handed bench players, and Rule 5 drafted Carson Smith to bridge to Familia. Same bullpen otherwise.

Entering season, Rosario, Smith and Nimmo all in AAA waiting for struggle or trade. Picked up Jose Reyes on Waivers to play Short Stop after trading Cabrera. Dunn, Kay and Alonso in AA.

Currently first place at end of April tied with Braves (I know).
Old 07-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice.

Im about to July in my fist season play every game as well(would have been further but was forced to restart).

Thus far we have been riddled with injuries. Wright, Duda, Granderson, Thor, Harvey, Walker, Reyes, and d'Arnaud have all been(and most still are) on the dl.

Havent made any trades yet. Grandy is currently on the dl and Im platooning De Aza and Lagares. Was gonna look for an upgrade. The Sox have Rusney on the block, but werent interested in what I had to offer, same with Toronto and Dominic Brown(who they ultimately traded to Cleveland anyway). Before the platoon it was going to be Nimmo being called up be he is on the dl as well. So I took a shot and called up Desmond Lindsey....didnt work out so well and hes back down.

Remarkably the pitching staff has had some rough going. With the exception of deGrom(who is looking like a cy young candidate)its been rough sailing.

On the offensive side, everyone(when healthy) has been contributing. Cespedes has been putting up MVP numbers. Sadly, were hovering around .500 and in 3rd place(only 2gb thou).

I thought about trading Raffy too, but with the injuries to my starters, Im very hesitant. If Reyes is healthy at the deadline, I might deal Cabrera.

Last edited by BrianM207; 07-09-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0

Nothing really happened during the first year. During the offseason I let Granderson retire, and signed Matt Holiday to play LF. To help also in the OF I traded Eric Campbell, Aaron Hill, and a prospect in return for Desmond Jennings. The OF consists of Conforto, Cespedes, Holiday, Jennings, Lagares. I also signed Joaquin Benoit for the BP in front of Familia.

Last edited by sportomatic75; 07-09-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

There is the franchise progression thread as well as a Dynasty page. The forums are cluttered enough with a franchise thread for every team individually.

Thanks

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »