Home

User Gameplay Complaint

This is a discussion on User Gameplay Complaint within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
User Gameplay Complaint

Okay so first off let me say I love this game and everything in it. I've played the series since day 1 and have always used the generic controls etc Zone swinging and Meter pitching. I've started to play DD this week and really enjoy it a ton. My only issue is A LOT of the users I play are using the directional hitting which seems unfair to me. When I'm on zone I have to focus on everything on a pitch and square the ball up to hit something solid. When people on directional they seem to hit pitches like low, outside change ups 450 feet pull-side. Meanwhile I can get a pitch on the inner half, square it up perfect, good contact, 110 MPH and pull it foul. To me that seems like I'm being punished for using zone hitting. Anyone else feel this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

rjcoco's Arena

Re: User Gameplay Complaint

I see where you are coming from, but I don't see it as a disadvantage since you could switch to it as well. But I am right there with you!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcoco
I see where you are coming from, but I don't see it as a disadvantage since you could switch to it as well. But I am right there with you!

Yep. Just frustrating at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
Okay so first off let me say I love this game and everything in it. I've played the series since day 1 and have always used the generic controls etc Zone swinging and Meter pitching. I've started to play DD this week and really enjoy it a ton. My only issue is A LOT of the users I play are using the directional hitting which seems unfair to me. When I'm on zone I have to focus on everything on a pitch and square the ball up to hit something solid. When people on directional they seem to hit pitches like low, outside change ups 450 feet pull-side. Meanwhile I can get a pitch on the inner half, square it up perfect, good contact, 110 MPH and pull it foul. To me that seems like I'm being punished for using zone hitting. Anyone else feel this way?
Just so you know, there's no way you can tell which interface someone else is using unless they themselves communicate it to you. For online head to head the opponent's swing analysis always shows PCI in the middle regardless of where they were actually aiming, so it can give off the appearance of all of your opponents center-swinging. Just because you always see the PCI in the middle does not mean every single one of your opponents is using directional. If your corner pitches are constantly getting hammered then it's almost a certainty that they aren't.

I think Cardinalbird5 did a youtube video about that topic at some point.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Directional uses a random PCI placement based on the hitter's ratings, difficulty, and sliders.

I don't know much about DD or what difficulty/sliders it plays on.

I don't think Directional is the only one with random PCI placement vs controlled PCI.

As far as it being unfair - it's a trade off. Directional gives up control of the PCI (so its "easier") but the exchange is that same no control - pitch down the middle could be missed by the PCI while as a Zone user, you're all over it.

Of course, there's always RNG even if the PCI is centered on a pitch, but that applies to all interfaces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just so you know, there's no way you can tell which interface someone else is using unless they themselves communicate it to you. For online head to head the opponent's swing analysis always shows PCI in the middle regardless of where they were actually aiming, so it can give off the appearance of all of your opponents center-swinging. Just because you always see the PCI in the middle does not mean every single one of your opponents is using directional. If your corner pitches are constantly getting hammered then it's almost a certainty that they aren't.

Didn't know this. Thank you

Old 07-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

I don't think that is true about corner pitches, in fact, I believe it's the opposite. If your corner pitches are getting hammered it is because they are using directional. The PCI on zone does not even go all the way into the corner(s) or even above or below(at least not the sweet spot) I've seen guys hit fastballs that I tried throwing as balls above the zone about 3-5 inches and they hit them out of the park. The thing I hate about directional is you don't have to be particularly accurate with your pci because you don't have one. If I knew for sure what interface my opponent was using I wouldn't see it as a disadvantage but a lot of guys are now switching interfaces in game, sometimes multiple times.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
I don't think that is true about corner pitches, in fact, I believe it's the opposite. If your corner pitches are getting hammered it is because they are using directional. The PCI on zone does not even go all the way into the corner(s) or even above or below(at least not the sweet spot) I've seen guys hit fastballs that I tried throwing as balls above the zone about 3-5 inches and they hit them out of the park. The thing I hate about directional is you don't have to be particularly accurate with your pci because you don't have one. If I knew for sure what interface my opponent was using I wouldn't see it as a disadvantage but a lot of guys are now switching interfaces in game, sometimes multiple times.

For example I was playing two days ago and I there a low outside change that hit the very edge of the low outside corner. Borderline strike/ball. The guy swings early with Rizzo and the ball EXOPLODES for a 446 ft hr pull side. Meanwhile if I even swing at that pitch the best I can hit it with good timing is a dribbler to the catcher.

Luckily, not to brag since I've played mlb for so many years I can pitch and still succeed by throwing a lot of balls out of the zone. Low change ups are deadly. Struck out 4 in the first inning after a passed ball and than struck out the next 4 over the next 1.1 IP as well to start out the game. I had16 Ks through 7 and than he quit .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »