Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #25
Rookie

indigence's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included

Anyone notice bugs with RTTS? I've had an inning end after the second out while on base. Baserunners disappearing after I reach base. I've gone back and looked at the game logs, and it's bugged.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
“A man may be an heretic in the truth, and if he believes things only because his pastor says so, or the assembly so determines, without knowing other reason, though his belief be true, yet the very truth he holds becomes his heresy.”
John Milton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #26
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I've played about a month's worth of games and have not noticed anything. I will be on in about two hours I will check it out.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:34 PM   #27
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe I have the wrong definition of "patch" but this doesn't seem to be the run of the mill type patch.
Of course I can't recall the Show ever reaching a 7th patch either.
I've got to think this is last patch for 16, unless SDS does another one that's similar to this one.
#44Syracuse
Old 07-22-2016, 01:51 AM   #28
Pro

For those who are curious turning Showtime off still does not work properly! Maybe next year!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:10 AM   #29
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Seems like a useless patch seeing that I don't play any of the online modes
Old 07-22-2016, 03:13 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
A warning for that.... seriously!!

Excuse me for hoping for a patch that might actually fix gameplay issues, some of which have been in the game for years.

It's pretty obvious that with this year's game the devs are concentrating on fixing issues that help them increase their potential revenue streams first and foremost.

Gameplay fixes be damned!!

There won't ever be a year of perfect gameplay. No matter the game there will always be something wrong in somebody's opinion.

This years version is as close to perfection compared to previous versions imo.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:41 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
There won't ever be a year of perfect gameplay. No matter the game there will always be something wrong in somebody's opinion.

This years version is as close to perfection compared to previous versions imo.
If this year's game was a pitcher then I would suspect it was a set up man. By that I mean that I'm hoping this year's game is merely about laying the foundations so that SDS can generate more income (a la Ultimate Team) which can then hopefully be used for the benefit of all aspects of The Show.

Btw I do find it a bit defeatist to say that we will never get perfect gameplay but gameplay is of course a very subjective thing. As mentioned previously though, this year's game has seen an incredible amount of patches that largely have more to do with fixing potential online revenue streams and server problems than actual gameplay issues.

Worryingly, when a gimmick (my opinion!!) like Showtime was announced, we were told that we would have the ability to turn this on/off but as a poster above has confirmed, even after seven patches, this is still not the case as the on/off option still doesn't work properly!!

Likewise the decision to only allow us five roster slot saves was quite baffling unless SDS are trying to force us into a one year and out game and then there were things like the 'improvements' to baserunning that actually set it back somewhat etc

Oh and I'm not Show bashing here but I just think this year has been a pretty difficult one for the developers.

Of course none of the above has anything to do with the 1.07 patch and is just me defending my position, so I do apologise and promise not to post again in this thread!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
If this year's game was a pitcher then I would suspect it was a set up man. By that I mean that I'm hoping this year's game is merely about laying the foundations so that SDS can generate more income (a la Ultimate Team) which can then hopefully be used for the benefit of all aspects of The Show.

Btw I do find it a bit defeatist to say that we will never get perfect gameplay but gameplay is of course a very subjective thing. As mentioned previously though, this year's game has seen an incredible amount of patches that largely have more to do with fixing potential online revenue streams and server problems than actual gameplay issues.

Worryingly, when a gimmick (my opinion!!) like Showtime was announced, we were told that we would have the ability to turn this on/off but as a poster above has confirmed, even after seven patches, this is still not the case as the on/off option still doesn't work properly!!

Likewise the decision to only allow us five roster slot saves was quite baffling unless SDS are trying to force us into a one year and out game and then there were things like the 'improvements' to baserunning that actually set it back somewhat etc

Oh and I'm not Show bashing here but I just think this year has been a pretty difficult one for the developers.

Of course none of the above has anything to do with the 1.07 patch and is just me defending my position, so I do apologise and promise not to post again in this thread!!
While it is highly annoying we only have 5 slots on our HDD for roster saves.....you can simply transfer them to a USB stick and free up all 5 slots for more rosters. I have over 20 carry over season files with all my classic rosters (from 14 and 15) on my USB stick. Yeah it's a PITA that I can't have them all on my HDD....so I just choose which ones I know I am going to play and leave the rest on my USB stick.

Come on man. "One and done game" devious plan by the developer team? That is a ridiculous statement when there is clearly a solution using a USB stick. I gotta believe their was some technical reason for it and hopefully it can be explained during next seasons cycle on the reason for limited save slots in rosters, franchise/season modes.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »