Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I hope so and I'd like to know what it is. I mean, I know consoles are more "limited" than PCs, but...I don't know it seems odd. Thought save slots died with the old PS1 memory cards.
Yeah, I'd love to hear the explanation on this too. Not sure how it can be tech limitation when you could do it last year without an issue. The limitation should be on your PS4 available drive capacity...certainly not on the download process.

Yes, you can use a USB. Yes, there is a workaround. But why need to? This was a head scratcher and is inconvenient for the end user.

I hope they clarify why it was necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Yeah, I'd love to hear the explanation on this too. Not sure how it can be tech limitation when you could do it last year without an issue. The limitation should be on your PS4 available drive capacity...certainly not on the download process.

Yes, you can use a USB. Yes, there is a workaround. But why need to? This was a head scratcher and is inconvenient for the end user.

I hope they clarify why it was necessary.
I wish I knew......I was annoyed about it as I previously stated. But fortunately you can use the USB stick. Hopefully they explain what the heck happened in that regard. I am clueless as I am no tech savvy game programmer.

I just play the games.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #43
MVP

It has been universally reported runs scored in manage mode are inordinately low. I'm guessing SCEA either can't figure out how to fix it or they simply don't care.

To say it is disappointing is an understatement.

Last edited by tessl; 07-24-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
It has been universally reported runs scored in manage mode are inordinately low. I'm guessing SCEA either can't figure out how to fix it or they simply don't care.

To say it is disappointing is an understatement.

Or they figure, that's what sliders are for.

Depending on why the offense persists on being so anemic, that could at least help. But if it something in how the CPU plays the game (AI decisions, etc), then no that would have to be adjusted by SDS in all likelihood. Sliders can do only so much in general, but especially in regards to decision making on the field.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Quick counts are good to have in the game, but more options should be given to us, like in ASB 05. That game had random counts, smart counts, batter counts, pitcher counts, even a 0-0 count once in a while. They could also figure out how to allow us to switch a pitcher before the count is generated. This could be done simply by giving those pitches to the relief pitcher coming in. I'm saying this kind of stuff should be worked on before DD stuff.
All valid points, but not really the kind of thing that normally would get fixed with a patch anyway. That's a change in gameplay that is done in the the new version. Would also like to see the ability to choose whether you do quick counts for each batter. Nothing worse than wanting to bunt and having the quick count pop up with 2 strikes already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Or they figure, that's what sliders are for.

Depending on why the offense persists on being so anemic, that could at least help. But if it something in how the CPU plays the game (AI decisions, etc), then no that would have to be adjusted by SDS in all likelihood. Sliders can do only so much in general, but especially in regards to decision making on the field.
That might be what they figure but then why bother to have developers? There are as many slider sets as there are people who play the mode and I have yet to find a slider set which is realistic. Move speed to 9 to compensate for lack of steals - do the cpu teams know it's easier to steal or are they still trying to steal at the same rate as before? I doubt the AI manager code changes when sliders change.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:27 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

They should fix auto base running, which has stopped me playing this year's game. Always worked perfectly before this year and now all messed up. Fixing it should be a top priority. SCEA's reputation has been tarnished by this in my eyes.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:06 PM   #48
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Are online folks still able to disconnect and get a free win? Thanks for the info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »