Home

This game needs a complete fielding overhaul.

This is a discussion on This game needs a complete fielding overhaul. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: This game needs a complete fielding overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I haven't played much offline mode, but I do believe it HAS happened to me there, but not as frequently.
Offline I would maybe lower OF Error to 0 and see. That sounds like the kind of thing that might would occur as the game tries to "simulate" a misplay. Of course, that's probably not an option online.

Does sound like it could be an animation bug as well, though. Either way, I don't have a firm idea on how to eliminate it.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Here is one from a few days ago in my franchise. Nothing about the way Gray acts is realistic at all.

https://www.twitch.tv/zmul21/v/80554077

Watch live video from zmul21 on www.twitch.tv

― Plato
Old 07-31-2016, 05:08 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Here is one from a few days ago in my franchise. Nothing about the way Gray acts is realistic at all.

Unrelated but I always "love" how the players don't care about half a bat flying at them. That SS was like "yeah whatever, a twirling piece of lumber is coming at me...no big deal".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

I too have no issue with the animations and I see plenty of spectacular plays. For me it is all about the double clutches on throws, the lack of urgencies, and the times that for seemingly no reason my 2nd/ss puts the ball in his pocket on a Double Play (which might be something I'm doing). The lack of urgency is just aggravating beyond words when you lose games due to players nonchalanting a ball or taking their sweet time getting off a throw you have had pre-loaded forever. Here's hoping they work on these issues for 2017.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #53
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope the Sony developers are reading this thread because almost everything you guys are saying about the fielding issues is so true!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That is not going to happen. You pull those canned animations out and the sheer beauty and poetry of the game will be nudered and you might as well go back to the PS2 days and play.

There is a give and take with having a game as visually stunning as MLB The Show 16 and I can live with some quirks (which have continually been improved each cycle) in exchange for seeing and feeling a baseball game that almost mimics real life. If the NBA 2K series would do this too.....there would be torches and pitchforks in their community and a massive outcry. The incredible animations in this game is what separates it from baseball games of yesteryear. It's not an easy "strip canned animations and go from there" Your simply telling them let's go back to the stone ages of console sports video gaming. I have played them all (baseball, football, basketball and hockey) through the years (going on 35 years of console gaming now) and give me the amazing visuals and continue to enhance more control in that arena of realism.

I could not disagree with your post more than that.
Agree w this post 100%. Really not sure what some people expect...
Old 08-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #55
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

at first i thought the new animations were a bit slow but i have learned how to move my players fluently into their next animations without delay or guys holding onto the ball. But I will say that diving animations need work as well as plays along the wall etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #56
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
That is not going to happen. You pull those canned animations out and the sheer beauty and poetry of the game will be nudered and you might as well go back to the PS2 days and play.

There is a give and take with having a game as visually stunning as MLB The Show 16 and I can live with some quirks (which have continually been improved each cycle) in exchange for seeing and feeling a baseball game that almost mimics real life. If the NBA 2K series would do this too.....there would be torches and pitchforks in their community and a massive outcry. The incredible animations in this game is what separates it from baseball games of yesteryear. It's not an easy "strip canned animations and go from there" Your simply telling them let's go back to the stone ages of console sports video gaming. I have played them all (baseball, football, basketball and hockey) through the years (going on 35 years of console gaming now) and give me the amazing visuals and continue to enhance more control in that arena of realism.

I could not disagree with your post more than that.
We are obviously looking for different things. I think not being able to control your player at all times is going back to the stone ages. I don't believe for a second you can't give great visuals without long drawn out animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »