Home

Pitchers turn into Nolan Ryan with runners on almost everytime..

This is a discussion on Pitchers turn into Nolan Ryan with runners on almost everytime.. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #41
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitchers turn into Nolan Ryan with runners on almost everytime..

Don't pitchers IRL "bare down" when it's clutch time? And pitchers pitch differently at different points in the game. I mean when a pitcher is up like 6-1 he's more likely to pitch to contact & let his defense take it's shot. But if the score is like 3-2 & RISP he's going to nibble the paint, pu a little more stuff on pitches & try for K's (like Nolan).

Also loved it when Ryan got Ventura in that headlock. Robin actually got off light.
If Nolan had just plunked him in his next AB instead of the headlock, that might have been worse for Ventura.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Herein lies the problem. I'm 43-27 with the Yankees. I'm not complaining about my record or about the game being too difficult, I'm doing quite well. It's the way the game plays that I'm complaining about. It's the forced nature of events. It's the fabricated way the cpu manufactures a challenge. I understand there are modifiers, but when those modifiers are based on what team you play with or the current situation you're in, that completely destroys any realism the game tries to convey.

I'm not sure what you want then.

I can't re-code the game. I can offer ideas that have seemed to mitigate it (I don't get 15 hits and 3 runs, some games I get 5 runs on 7 hits, 6 runs on 5 hits, etc) in my experience. If it happens, it's not causing what you're seeing. So assuming every game does this (since no one has a different copy of the code) then maybe something I'm doing is minimizing it and I don't realize it.

If that's not what you're looking for, that's fine, I'll just leave and hope you find what you're looking for.

The modifiers thing was more for maybe considering testing some slider changes to see if you can't mitigate it for your experience. I don't doubt you can win, and I didn't even ask what your record was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
No one has even answered the question....what you are talking about has nothing to do with the issues I am talking about, I have yet to see a suggestion. Go back read my first post....
What question? I read your first post - I didn't see any questions.

I saw observations based on the experience you're having. Like I said above, if the game is doing it to all, whatever it's doing isn't causing the same issues for me that you're observing, so I brought up things I know that might be making it worse.

Not sure what else what else you're asking about?

Last edited by KBLover; 08-02-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Very, very frustrated with MLB 16...never had this much issues with the offense ever in other years...Whenever I get runners on base the same thing happens....Pitchers almost always start painting corners and turn into cy young....I nail a ball with perfect contact but it's always right at someone, amazing diving plays and constant double plays. lead the league in hits, average yet way down in runs because of the crazy unrealistic split in hard contact no reward. I know this happens in real ball, but not remotely the frequency it happens here it is infuriating...Its almost like the game has decided I won't score many runs no matter what. They need to tone this down a lot....it's unrealistic and plays like arcade baseball. Having games with 15 hits and 3 runs is common because the AI defense all are superman and perfect contact right at sometime is way too common.
Quote:
The point is totally over your head, what you are talking about has nothing to do with this topic. lol. The game is not hard...at all. it's already been explained/.....maybe go back read the first post
Hmmmmm

Aside from the fact that Nolan Ryan (see thread title) is about the last pitcher you want to reference for pitchers that "always start painting the corners." Nolan Ryan is the all-time leader in BBs.....

I thought I was actually offering some legitimate advice, but, you're right. Totally over my head.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Difficulty is not the issue...its the hits/to runs ration because of the prevalence of the issues I posted, I don't have any issues hitting HR's, getting hits, it's just the high hits, lower runs are the issue. I consistently hit the ball hard.
I've literally never experienced this issue over a large sample size. In fact if anything my number of runs is not much lower than hits because I walk a lot.

Some of the advice here is good. Take it.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #45
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Not another comeback code thread. Closed
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »