Home

Automatic Call Ups in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Automatic Call Ups in Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0
Automatic Call Ups in Franchise?

Apologies if this should go in the Q/A thread wasn't so sure. Anyways is there anyway to stop automatic call ups for Spring Training and September Call ups? I dont want to have to use an option year on someone that I know isnt ready for MLB but the game automatically calls them up. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Automatic Call Ups in Franchise?

Think its roster management under options, something like that. You just turn it to manual and they wont call up or send anyone down. You can always turn it back on if you want them to do it at some time down the road.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Apologies if this should go in the Q/A thread wasn't so sure. Anyways is there anyway to stop automatic call ups for Spring Training and September Call ups? I dont want to have to use an option year on someone that I know isnt ready for MLB but the game automatically calls them up. Thanks.

If the player is on the 40 man roster and goes through Spring Training...the option is already used.
If he is on the 40 man roster and in the minors for more than 20 days...an option is already used.
(not sure if this is actually in the game...I don't really remove guys from the 40 man too much and even so...didn't check their option years)

Unless the player has more than 4(5?) seasons in the minors....he doesn't need to be on the 40 man roster(since you're saying they aren't ready for you to use them in the MLB)
That would keep them from using said option.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If the player is on the 40 man roster and goes through Spring Training...the option is already used.
If he is on the 40 man roster and in the minors for more than 20 days...an option is already used.

I think the first point might be what the game is trying to emulate with the auto-callups. OOTP does the same thing.

I don't think the second one is in the game, but I can't say I checked for sure.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Best way to deal with this is never put a guy who isn't ready on the 40 man. Exception for aging players and relievers who you might want to shuttle back and forth, and you don't care about burning their options / losing them when you DFA them off the 40. I'm not sure the game is any different than IRL btw, in how it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 01:34 AM   #6
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Okay thanks for the help. I think the problem is I used an OSFM Roster with the 40 man so Ill just have to deal with it unfortunately. Thanks anyways!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Best way to deal with this is never put a guy who isn't ready on the 40 man. Exception for aging players and relievers who you might want to shuttle back and forth, and you don't care about burning their options / losing them when you DFA them off the 40. I'm not sure the game is any different than IRL btw, in how it works.
But don't forget that if a player isn't on the 40 man roster, he's not protected. A top prospect will be snatched up in the Rule 5 draft if they are left unprotected.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzbee
But don't forget that if a player isn't on the 40 man roster, he's not protected. A top prospect will be snatched up in the Rule 5 draft if they are left unprotected.
I'm aware of that which is why I mentioned aging. If I guy is old enough to need protection (24) he is old enough to burn option years and/ or he's never gonna be good enough to matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »