Home

How to grind through the dog days?

This is a discussion on How to grind through the dog days? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: How to grind through the dog days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
It's that time of year again for me, with the upcoming madden hype and soon the change in season. I find myself wanting to play other games and my interest in the show is waning. I'm into august of my franchise and year 4 of two different rtts's. I just don't know how to keep up the excitement to play more games. I would love to finish my franchise season. I did play a game with a classic roster against a friend and that was fun. I also tried to incorporate sounds of the show, it was cool but the tracks all seemed quite and it took forever.

Anybody else feel the same? I wish I had the same enthusiasm as some other on here all year around.
I start simming more to get deeper into my franchise. I'll play with my AAA and AA teams if I have good prospects on them and my MLB team is struggling (which seems to be frequent in this particular franchise).

Or take a couple of weeks off and come back. Sometimes the game gets on my nerves because I play it so much, so I take some time away and get reinvigorated when I come back.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

I like to use Madden and 2K to keep me from getting burnt out. I like to play a season in my franchise, then I'll switch over and play a season in Madden, then 2K, then back to my first love....baseball.

Maybe a little different, but it works for me in my Sports Universe! LOL!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #11
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I used to play baseball during baseball season, nhl during nhl season but last 2 years it's been baseball the whole time. One was cause NHL got rid of all the modes. It came back last year so I did buy it. Got bored quickly and went back to MLB. That's not normal. This year new ECHL, rink creator, uniform, supposedly new goaltenders.... kinda sounds good but I dunno. I don't have much time anymore with the kids

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #12
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
It's that time of year again for me, with the upcoming madden hype and soon the change in season. I find myself wanting to play other games and my interest in the show is waning. I'm into august of my franchise and year 4 of two different rtts's. I just don't know how to keep up the excitement to play more games. I would love to finish my franchise season. I did play a game with a classic roster against a friend and that was fun. I also tried to incorporate sounds of the show, it was cool but the tracks all seemed quite and it took forever.

Anybody else feel the same? I wish I had the same enthusiasm as some other on here all year around.
I feel the same way. My interest in the show is waning as well, espeacilly with Madden coming out on the 23rd of this month and I'm really hyped for Madden this year. Not really sure how others manage to stay interested and keep playing year round.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #13
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

16 games to go in my season but I'm a bit burnt out. Playing with the Cubs in a dead tie for first with the Brewers (second season on 15). Trying to finish up before Madden, however the in-laws are coming next week so that is time I won't have to get the season finished. I almost have at least a wildcard clinched so I'll be more excited once we get to the final games.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 08-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #14
Rookie

JPCaveman13's Arena

OVR: 6

If your interest is waning, take a couple days off. Unless your disc/PS4 is a transformer, it's not going to get up and walk away.

If you still want to grind through, find something that's a change of pace within your franchise/RTTS. To break up some of the monotony, I've taken to occasionally playing AA and AAA games as well as randomly picking some MLB games based on interesting matchups, playing in a new stadium, or just experiencing a different team.

For RTTS, can just see if you can break all the single-season records in the same year, learn a new position with a new RTTS, or maybe see if you can challenge some of the worst season/career records (Dunn's BA, Mark Reynolds' Ks, Nolan Ryan's career BBs, 27 straight losses in decisions). Maybe a combination of something like that might be fun, like trying to beat Dunn's BA, Reynolds' Ks, and single-season HRs and RBIs.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #15
Rookie

bobzyauncle's Arena

I find if you have 2-3 different games going, typically MLB in PS4 amd something else on the PC then that makes me come back to MLB more and more. I try and play 1-3 games per day. I often find if I don't play for a day I miss it plus I seem to have more focus if I take a break in between games. Also find if you alternate between say MLB and a good old strategy game on the PC, the change in genre is good for the mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

I am in the same boat everyone else is with trying to deal with the "Dog Days of Summer". Funny thing is this is my best year of participation yet of my four previous attempts at playing all 162 games in an MLB The Show title. I am one week ahead of the real world calendar playing my MLB The Show 16 season (meaning today is August 16th, not the 9th) and my team has played about 118 or so games to date with me playing at least 100 of those games. But it's been hard to play every day these last few weeks since August rolled around. I had time last night so I did play my game and it was an enjoyable game. But when time is short, I have other real world things I should be doing and the interest of playing the game is just not there. I have no choice but to setup a Player vs CPU game to ensure that all the fatigued and cold players are not in the starting lineups and then before the first pitch is thrown, switch to a CPU vs CPU game. Plus I can see this trend of playing CPU vs CPU games continuing for the next three to four weeks well into the 1st or 2nd week of September. But I am still very much in the playoff hunt and I will want to make sure I am playing all the games as the regular season comes to a close. If I can play about 130 or so of the 162 games, it will be a success year for me. After all the players don't play every day now do they. Well unless their names is Cal Ripken JR that is. LOL

I think I can understand how the real world teams play every day, day after day. After all it is their job. But I can't understand how some season ticket holders can attend all the games especially if the team is losing. It's just a little too much at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »