Home

Charging a ground ball with a infielder?

This is a discussion on Charging a ground ball with a infielder? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #25
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Charging a ground ball with a infielder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
i no longer have this problem because i believe you have to start charging the ball and as your guy is about to scoop it up start preloading your throw and make sure you are still holding down the left stick in the direction you want your fielder to run to keep his momentum going even after you throw and they will peform an off balance throw.
He is saying that the game won't let him charge the ball.....which I also experience...

We WANT to charge the ball. The animation takes over and we have no control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #26
Pro

I just wanted to clarify there is no manual fielding. It's only "Assist" and "Auto" correct?

I ask because I know manual catch had been removed from this years game. Just wanted to make sure I am not missing the option some where.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #27
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
He is saying that the game won't let him charge the ball.....which I also experience...

We WANT to charge the ball. The animation takes over and we have no control.
in my experience the animation only takes over if the throw is preloaded too early, sometimes also I think you have to change the route to the ball and basically throw the ball as he is fielding the ball while still making him move and do not let off the left thumbstick.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:46 PM   #28
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

My whole thought on this is there's simply too many conditions and rules to properly trigger an animation.

It really shouldn't be this way. There really shouldn't be a "window of opportunity" to do certain things and if you miss it, tough luck. Either the developers should remove the "preloading condition window" or simply implement more "transitional animations" for various situations if the user misses the "window" or changes his/her mind. Baseball is reactionary. Giving the user more control doesn't mean the animation suffers either. There are sports games, one of which is PYS/Jikkyou, that gives the user complete control of how s/he wants to navigate the digital player and the animation are absolutely breathtaking.

I bought MLB 16 digitally because I saw a few extra outfielder animations, but after having played it for about a month, the same issues are present. I've been completely spoiled by PYS/Jikkyou. It's my dominant baseball game.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-15-2016, 04:25 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
My whole thought on this is there's simply too many conditions and rules to properly trigger an animation.

It really shouldn't be this way. There really shouldn't be a "window of opportunity" to do certain things and if you miss it, tough luck. Either the developers should remove the "preloading condition window" or simply implement more "transitional animations" for various situations if the user misses the "window" or changes his/her mind. Baseball is reactionary. Giving the user more control doesn't mean the animation suffers either. There are sports games, one of which is PYS/Jikkyou, that gives the user complete control of how s/he wants to navigate the digital player and the animation are absolutely breathtaking.

I bought MLB 16 digitally because I saw a few extra outfielder animations, but after having played it for about a month, the same issues are present. I've been completely spoiled by PYS/Jikkyou. It's my dominant baseball game.

Yeah the game play really breaks down and is most noticeably on defense when using player lock. There is a forum thread here discussing improvements to playing on defense.

It might have a influence next years game. I also hope the get rid of the similar Show Time effect on defense or at least give the option to turn it off! Only time will tell!

Defense Overhaul Thread

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-overhaul.html

Also I tried to look up the games you posted but I found this instead. It looks pretty cool is this what you were referring too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0-r5bWxRCQ
Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #30
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
in my experience the animation only takes over if the throw is preloaded too early, sometimes also I think you have to change the route to the ball and basically throw the ball as he is fielding the ball while still making him move and do not let off the left thumbstick.
People in the thread are saying the game will not let them charge the ball.

Your solution is to charge the ball.

I really don't know how to respond to that. Your answer doesn't make any sense and I don't preload the throw and the animation starts. My SS starts it immediately without me doing anything.

Which is the main complaint of the thread. You do not have enough control over your fielder. Maybe it is the mode you play in. My RTTS SS is so infuriating that I don't even bother with defense.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #31
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

to me there is no problem, I had the same difficulties as others are claiming to have and I did a couple things: changed my route to the ball and charged right at it as opposed to meeting it somewhere, I stopped waiting for it also because that is when the really slow animation kicks in. I also notiiced if i move my guy but let go of the left stick that is also when the slow animations kick in, regardless if i pre-load or not. I use pure analog throwing but i doubt interface has anything to do with it. just tryin to help not trying to say i got it all figured out .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #32
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
to me there is no problem, I had the same difficulties as others are claiming to have and I did a couple things: changed my route to the ball and charged right at it as opposed to meeting it somewhere, I stopped waiting for it also because that is when the really slow animation kicks in. I also notiiced if i move my guy but let go of the left stick that is also when the slow animations kick in, regardless if i pre-load or not. I use pure analog throwing but i doubt interface has anything to do with it. just tryin to help not trying to say i got it all figured out .
"Claiming".....

I see what your game is....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »