Home

Road to the show deletes stars on dl at start

This is a discussion on Road to the show deletes stars on dl at start within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Road to the show deletes stars on dl at start

I put this info in the roster sub forum but wanted to make sure everyone knew this...

If you start a franchise, anyone on whatever downloaded roster you use(live updates or user created) will be automatically sent back to the mlb who was disabled in real life. If you start a RTTS however, once you're drafted the game writes over the single A players with people you were drafted with, and new random prospects.

This means players like Clayton Kershaw and Kyle Schwarber will NOT be in your road to the show career if you use a recent update. They're in single A on all the recent osfms and recent live rosters. Same with any created prospects on those OSFM rosters. They're never going to show up in your career, they get deleted.

You can test this by creating a new player using a saved roster of your preference. Start the scouting day and exit out. Start the 2 games and exit out. Simulate the draft. Go to the roster and search teams. You wont find anyone who was supposed to be in single A at the start. You wont find any stars like Kershaw or Schwarber, several other MLB stars and role players. Whoever is in single A for whatever reason is gone...

To fix this you can dl the roster I fixed or do it yourself. Just go to roster control and move anyone who's actually in the mlb or prospects you want to make sure stay on the roster to AA or higher. To fit them, move anyone with a D potential under 70 overall to single A, if they're over 70 put those guys in mlb or AAA.

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 08-11-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Road to the show deletes stars on dl at start

Just checked my rosters and all other teams in my RTTS campaign. We are in 2018 and everyone is where they should be?

Kershaw won the Cy Young last year and is leading the vote this year as well. Don't know what problems or roster you are using but it didn't happen to me.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Road to the show deletes stars on dl at start

Its only on rosters where the player has been moved to single a before you start the career. If you started with a roster from the beginning of the year, look for who was on the dl when the roster came out. That player is prolly in single a when you check the roster outside of mode. When you start RTTS, the game doesnt do what it does in franchise(bring them back to mlb). Or if you use a roster that has all the real prospects, look for someone who's a stud in single on the roster outside of mode. They wont be on the roster when you get through the draft process in RTTS. You might not even have to go through the draft, just get to where you can select your own team. Look at the rosters on the teams, the stars who started in single because they're injured in real life will not be there.

You're saying 3 years in, Im guessing you've played every game. I doubt kershaw was on the dl yet when you started. Look for schwarber. He's been on the dl almost all year(injured april 7th I believe). Every live roster since like 10 days into the season hes been in single a. He gets moved to mlb in franchise, but they dont in rtts.

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 08-11-2016 at 09:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »