Home

trading after the deadline?

This is a discussion on trading after the deadline? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
trading after the deadline?

Ok so is there a time when trading will open up after the trade deadline for all players again? I see you can make trades but only for some players. I try to keep up to date as much as I can with my Mariners roster vs real life as far as trades go but can't trade for some players that have been acquired by the Mariners in real life post trade deadline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: trading after the deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
Ok so is there a time when trading will open up after the trade deadline for all players again? I see you can make trades but only for some players. I try to keep up to date as much as I can with my Mariners roster vs real life as far as trades go but can't trade for some players that have been acquired by the Mariners in real life post trade deadline.
After the non-waiver trade deadline which is usually July 31st you can still trade, it's just a little more tricky. You first have to pass a player through revocable trade waivers, if they are claimed you can either work out a trade with the claiming team, let the player go for nothing, or pull the waiver back and keep the player but the next time you try and pass that player through waivers if they're claimed you can't pull it back, they're gone. If they player goes through unclaimed then they are now trade able and can be traded for any minor league player not on the 40-man roster or for another player who's successfully passed through trade waivers. Hope this helps!
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 08-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
MVP

So I can't acquire the players I want then.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #4
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
So I can't acquire the players I want then.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Unless they have passed through waivers or you play with 30-team control, no
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 08-12-2016, 02:59 AM   #5
MVP

Hmm i was able to search for the player using player search and trade for him. No issues.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #6
Rookie

If the player is not on the team's 40 man roster, you can trade for him with no issue. M/l the player you searched for was not on his team's 40 man.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
After the non-waiver trade deadline which is usually July 31st you can still trade, it's just a little more tricky. You first have to pass a player through revocable trade waivers, if they are claimed you can either work out a trade with the claiming team, let the player go for nothing, or pull the waiver back and keep the player but the next time you try and pass that player through waivers if they're claimed you can't pull it back, they're gone. If they player goes through unclaimed then they are now trade able and can be traded for any minor league player not on the 40-man roster or for another player who's successfully passed through trade waivers. Hope this helps!
This is all exactly correct except this game doesn't work exactly as you stated. After you make a claim on a player, the game acts like it didn't recognize that you made the claim because said claimed player is still not available on the trade screen.

The only thing this game lets you do really is make a claim and hope they accept or inevitably wait for the team to revoke the player from waivers. Best thing is to wait and see what happens I guess...
Old 08-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Icon12 Re: trading after the deadline?

Quote:
Hmm i was able to search for the player using player search and trade for him. No issues.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

That's a bug I noticed as well. Can trade for players not on trade waivers by searching them. Can only offer back your own eligible players though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »