Home

My catcher has more put outs than any other infielder on my team!

This is a discussion on My catcher has more put outs than any other infielder on my team! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
My catcher has more put outs than any other infielder on my team!

I don't think I'm exaggerating. RTTS pitcher, with a really good strike out record and a wicked sinker and change. And in the games I pitch, it is not unusual for my catcher to get 3-5 dribbling hits in front of the plate and throw the batter out at first (sometimes second if someone is on first - it's not unusual for my team to get catcher to short to first double plays.

I'll have games, frequently, where my catcher has more infield plays than any of my other infielders.

Surely I'm not the only one? Is the problem the number of hits that don't go more than a few feet in front of the plate or a catcher with lightning speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: My catcher has more put outs than any other infielder on my team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdaddy
I don't think I'm exaggerating. RTTS pitcher, with a really good strike out record and a wicked sinker and change. And in the games I pitch, it is not unusual for my catcher to get 3-5 dribbling hits in front of the plate and throw the batter out at first (sometimes second if someone is on first - it's not unusual for my team to get catcher to short to first double plays.

I'll have games, frequently, where my catcher has more infield plays than any of my other infielders.

Surely I'm not the only one? Is the problem the number of hits that don't go more than a few feet in front of the plate or a catcher with lightning speed?
I'm not sure you understand what a putout is and you might be trying to discuss something different.

Your catcher get's a putout on every strikeout but in all of your other scenarios he would get an assist not a putout.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure you understand what a putout is and you might be trying to discuss something different.

Your catcher get's a putout on every strikeout but in all of your other scenarios he would get an assist not a putout.
Yeah, used the wrong term (I should know better, played through college!) I meant assists. I'm talking catcher fielded hit balls, in play, in which he throws the batter out. Not counting dropped/dirt 3rd strikes.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdaddy

Both in some measure, in all likelihood, with more of the former (too many dribblers) probably deserving more consideration.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Way too many dribblers in front of the plate, along with way too many popups behind and around the plate. Hitting definitely left something to be desired this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Have you tried playing a few games with the CPU Solid Hits Slider bumped up to 7, or even 8?
#44Syracuse
Old 08-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Increasing the pitch speed on the off speed stuff has toned down the swinging bunts for me. At default the visual disparity is too great from the fastballs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »