Home

Franchise Stat Glitch (TOT)

This is a discussion on Franchise Stat Glitch (TOT) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2016, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Stat Glitch (TOT)

Hey do you guys think they will fix the stat glitch "TOT" instead of having the correct team name (player cards) for next years game?

I will be using the cloud and going with my same franchise. So because of that, I feel like I am stuck with that damn TOT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Re: Franchise Stat Glitch (TOT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_fever
Hey do you guys think they will fix the stat glitch "TOT" instead of having the correct team name (player cards) for next years game?

I will be using the cloud and going with my same franchise. So because of that, I feel like I am stuck with that damn TOT.
I'm not sure it's a glitch, I think it stands for "TOTAL" because it only appears when a player has been traded in season since they haven't yet reached the level of programming to show multiple teams for one season on the player card
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 08-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I'm not sure it's a glitch, I think it stands for "TOTAL" because it only appears when a player has been traded in season since they haven't yet reached the level of programming to show multiple teams for one season on the player card
that's what it is supposed to be there for but I have noticed that minor league call ups will have TOT even though theyve only played for the 1 MLB team...
Old 08-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Its probably an easy fix but not a priority. I bet its more of the same next year.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIBHAWKSRULE
that's what it is supposed to be there for but I have noticed that minor league call ups will have TOT even though theyve only played for the 1 MLB team...
Are they are call-ups that started in another system in that season? The game seems to use TOT for any player that's played for more than one organization in that season, regardless of level. I've never seen that with guys called up who have been in my own minor league levels since day one.

FWIW, it also shows TOT for any free agents signed by new teams in the offseason before Jan 1st (e.g. if you sign a new player in December, it will show TOT like he played for both teams that year: yours and the one he actually played for), so it would seem the logic for TOT is limited to the calendar year and applies to all organizational levels.

Probably more of a design limitation/oversight than a glitch...either way though, hopefully it's one that can be improved upon next iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Are they are call-ups that started in another system in that season? The game seems to use TOT for any player that's played for more than one organization in that season, regardless of level. I've never seen that with guys called up who have been in my own minor league levels since day one.

FWIW, it also shows TOT for any free agents signed by new teams in the offseason before Jan 1st (e.g. if you sign a new player in December, it will show TOT like he played for both teams that year: yours and the one he actually played for), so it would seem the logic for TOT is limited to the calendar year and applies to all organizational levels.

Probably more of a design limitation/oversight than a glitch...either way though, hopefully it's one that can be improved upon next iteration.
Nope, been in my organization all 3 years I've had the franchise going. I'll get screenshots when I can...
Old 08-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

In my carryover, it's funny. They all have nothing there (just a "-", not even "TOT") for every year prior to the current (2022, even though it was carried over during the 2021 season).

Except for Javier Baez. He has MIA for 2021 (I'm the Marlins), but he wasn't on my team in 2021...I signed him in the 2021 offseason, so I guess that's where the calendar year logic comes up (it was 2021 on the calendar as I signed him in November 2021).
Old 08-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #8
Rookie

848's Arena

OVR: 1

Its pretty annoying about the free agents who sign and it changes the previous year to TOT. But oh well. Hopefully that's an easy fix

But I've definitely experienced players in my org that have played in both Majors and Minors in the same year and it says TOT when next season starts. Players that have only been with my org and no other team. Very weird

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »