Home

Budget Progression

This is a discussion on Budget Progression within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Budget Progression

Had some budget questions for the franchise guys around here.

1) What affects a budget increasing or decreasing from year to year? Is it only based on performance from the previous year? Is it consistent or can strange things happen (i.e. losing 10% of your budget after winning the World Series).

2) What happens if you don't spend all your budget in a year? Will that affect whether your budget increases or decreases? In other words, say you have a 120 million budget and use 100 of it. Will the game decrease your budget since you only used 100? Or does it have no affect at all?

3) If like in the example above, I only use 100 of a 120 million budget, will that 20 million roll over to the next year or is it "use it or lose it"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Budget Progression

Good questions. On the use it or lose it point, I think it carries over, but based on next budget. So if you used $100 mil of a $150 mil, you'd have $50 mil left. Then depending on budget next season, you'd have your payroll against your new budget. So I guess it might use or lose since there's no "cash" like in OOTP.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anyone else seen a large market team get a budget increase?

Before starting my franchise, back when the game was released, I went through the rosters of every team, and got the player contracts about 95% correct for the whole league. Close enough that it was an accurate picture of the league at whole and the range of team budgets.

Playing as the Cubs, my team budget was about 30 million dollars below the luxury tax threshold, and in my first year, I ended the season about 30 million below budget, as I played through the season and won the World Series.

After the season, I got the message that my budget would remain the same.

I did all of the offseason activities, increased my payroll by about 20 million, but still under budget, and simmed the next season. The team won 135 games (!!!!!), and won the WS again.

After the season, I again got the message that the budget would remain the same.

So, the question is, what do I need to do to get a budget increase? At the start of my third season, my payroll is pretty close to topped out without much wiggle room. I know that there are teams with higher payrolls. Has anyone seen real increases? In past editions of The Show, and 3-5% inscrease seemed pretty standard after a good year.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

My budget is ridiculously high. I'm talking 500 mil+. HOWEVER, this is my carry over from 14 and I spend most of my stubs buying budget (since I don't play anything else). I'm currently sitting with just under 40k stubs in reserve. I'll wait to dump them until just before my next carry over.

My budget goes down every year, even after a world series win. The decline cannot keep up with the increase due to stubs though. It does seem like the decline has softened in MLB16, but stubs are less valuable in this version so you take the good with the bad.

I wait until the carry over every year now since stubs cannot depreciate like budget can.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:49 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
My budget is ridiculously high. I'm talking 500 mil+. HOWEVER, this is my carry over from 14 and I spend most of my stubs buying budget (since I don't play anything else).

Holy crap!

I think my carryover (from MLB14, in 2023) is like $200M. Fantasy Red Sox (MLB16 in year 3) is like $90M or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »