Home

What's your sim process?

This is a discussion on What's your sim process? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What's your sim process?

Doesn't simulating multiple games mean that when you do actually play a game, your players are all totally gassed? This is my main issue with simulating.

How do you ensure that players are getting somewhat rotated so as to avoid the game you play having to start your entire bench to give your starters a breather?

Pardon me if I'm missing something totally obvious here lol
Old 09-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #10
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Doesn't simulating multiple games mean that when you do actually play a game, your players are all totally gassed? This is my main issue with simulating.

How do you ensure that players are getting somewhat rotated so as to avoid the game you play having to start your entire bench to give your starters a breather?

Pardon me if I'm missing something totally obvious here lol
Do players fatigure differently in sims rather than playing? I've never really paid attention to it. They do get tired, especially during those 15+ in a row stretches. I have a bunch of versatility on my roster, so I can move guys all around when I need to give days off to my regulars.

Watch me play video games
Old 09-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm trying something a bit different - My son and I started a player lock season using Mike Archer (my son likes his delivery). I don't player lock in the traditional sense but instead fast forward to the half innings where I pitch. And then sim to the end when I pull Archer. We are 2-1 at the moment.

Here's what it looks like:
https://www.facebook.com/manny****n/p...06230612955524
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #12
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

What would be cool(I Think) is a mode where you only play say 30-40 games and that is the season, but the stats adjust for a full season look. So, you only play 1/5 of a season, instead of simming the other games, you just get stats for them. So all the stats are yours, just adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Do players fatigure differently in sims rather than playing? I've never really paid attention to it. They do get tired, especially during those 15+ in a row stretches. I have a bunch of versatility on my roster, so I can move guys all around when I need to give days off to my regulars.
I doubt they fatigue any differently. My point was I don't want to play say, every 6th game, with the CPU not subbing players at all, and then the game I actually PLAY--everyone is completely worn out on stamina.

I guess if I set the vs LH and RH lineups, SOME of this would be taken care of re: resting players.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

That's why I use sportcast manager to sim each game. Takes a touch longer but you get to set lineups that way. What's funny and it might be perception but when the AI tells me so and so is tired and needs a day off, if I ignore it, they seem to have a big game more often than not.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #15
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
That's why I use sportcast manager to sim each game. Takes a touch longer but you get to set lineups that way. What's funny and it might be perception but when the AI tells me so and so is tired and needs a day off, if I ignore it, they seem to have a big game more often than not.
I use sportscast manager too. I actually play them out there because they go pretty fast. Only issue is NL games, you can double switch the pitcher. That is why I changed my Franchise to an AL team. I sportscast manage 4 pitcher's games and play the fifth.

The other cool thing about SM, is you can join the game at any time, so if the game gets interesting, you can jump in and play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #16
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I play every 6th game in Spring Training, every 3rd game in the regular season, and either every game or every second game in the Post Season, depending.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »