Home

Threw my first no-hitter...kinda

This is a discussion on Threw my first no-hitter...kinda within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #1
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Threw my first no-hitter...kinda

So I have been playing the Show since it was created, and even MVP baseball before that, and I have never thrown a no hitter or perfect game. Twice I have taken a perfect game 2 outs in to the ninth, but both times I gave up a hit to the last batter.
Today I took a perfect game with Jake Arrieta in to the 7th where I walked the lead off man and gave up an error before finishing the inning. I proceeded to finish all 9 innings allowing 0 hits, 1 walke, and 1 error against the Nationals. The only problem is Strasberg pitched 8 shutout innings for them and they didn't allow a run through 9 innings either, so we went in to extras. At about 105 pitches I decided to try and finish the 10th with Arrieta, where I gave up a single to the first batter in the 10th. I finished the inning with Rondon, and pitched the 11th with Chapman without allowing another walk or hit, and I walked off in the 11th to win it.
A combined 11 inning 1 hitter is what it was officially. I missed throwing a no hitter on a technicality. It's one of those times when it will never make the record books, but you know in your heart what was really accomplished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #2

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Threw my first no-hitter...kinda

Similar thing happened to me on (I think) MLB '14. I had a perfect game through 9 with Tony Cingrani, but also got shut out through nine by the other team. I gave up a run in the 10th, and lost the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »