Home

Pitchers fatigue.

This is a discussion on Pitchers fatigue. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #9
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pitchers fatigue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
This is super cool IMO.

I don't understand how these developers are SO good compared to the likes of FIFA missing blatantly obvious features (i.e. stat tracking, transfer log, etc.).
Actually I think that the FIFA fatigue engine is pretty good. I had a BPL team that was deep into the domestic tournaments as well as the Champions League and by the end of the season everybody was exhausted. I couldn't even beat bottom of the table BPL teams even though I had been in first place most of the season.

I started a new season and I am proactively sitting guys out entire games in order to survive the long haul.

As far as the other problems you mention, agreed.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #10
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Actually I think that the FIFA fatigue engine is pretty good. I had a BPL team that was deep into the domestic tournaments as well as the Champions League and by the end of the season everybody was exhausted. I couldn't even beat bottom of the table BPL teams even though I had been in first place most of the season.

I started a new season and I am proactively sitting guys out entire games in order to survive the long haul.

As far as the other problems you mention, agreed.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to their fatigue engine. I don't really have any issues with that. I meant more in terms of just simple things that should be included (see above) that aren't.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #11
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

So if you dont mind me asking. When you have to rotate the 6th man in, do you do it in the pregame screen, then keep moving the next guy up till you go back to 5, or do you just go into the Rotation screen and move the pitchers?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
So if you dont mind me asking. When you have to rotate the 6th man in, do you do it in the pregame screen, then keep moving the next guy up till you go back to 5, or do you just go into the Rotation screen and move the pitchers?
I check stamina in pregame and then back out and move pitchers.

I move the guy who just pitched to the spot I will put the 6th guy (which is also the scheduled starter's spot).

For example:

1. Boeve
2. Heredia
3. Huff
4. Mota
5. Bartlett <- just pitched

LR with 80 STA: Luis

Let's say Boeve needs another day because I stretched him last time because he had a chance to get 25 K's (sadly, he ended up with "just" 23, what, you thought I was making that up?).

I'll move Bartlett to 1, Boeve and co. down:

1. Bartlett <- just pitched
2. Boeve
3. Heredia
4. Huff
5. Mota

Then I'll swap in the 6th man, in this case Ozzie Luis.

1. Luis <- "sixth starter"
2. Boeve
3. Heredia
4. Huff
5. Mota

Temp LR: Bartlett

So next game, Beove will go on 5 days rest, Bartlett recovers for his next outing and goes back to #1, and the rotation will go on. Yeah, Bartlett will look like "the ace" and morale might get jacked around for a bit - but whatever. I'd rather them depressed than at 70% stamina

If this happened before the All-Star Break, I'll use that time to reset the rotation. Otherwise, I'll just carry on until/if playoffs arrive or I need Luis to fill in again, or an injury/transaction disrupts things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »