OVR: 3
PS4 pro?

Will 17 take advantage of the new system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 pro?

I'm really worried SONY and all game developers will neglect trying to get the most out of the normal PS4 and just rely on the new power of the PS4 Pro.

This really irks me as an early adopter of the system (all because of MLB the show) because I now feel like i'm going to be playing with a inferior version of the show moving forward.

On a bit of a tangent, what was the point of getting a PS4 soon after launch? The Show only made the true jump to next gen this year and most of the other games are just HD remakes of PS3 titles an Uncharted 4.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Red face Re: PS4 pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny15
I'm really worried SONY and all game developers will neglect trying to get the most out of the normal PS4 and just rely on the new power of the PS4 Pro.

This really irks me as an early adopter of the system (all because of MLB the show) because I now feel like i'm going to be playing with a inferior version of the show moving forward.

On a bit of a tangent, what was the point of getting a PS4 soon after launch? The Show only made the true jump to next gen this year and most of the other games are just HD remakes of PS3 titles an Uncharted 4.
The pro is just another addition to the ps4 family not a replacement. If that was the goal to be a replacement we would not have seen the release of the slim. It has also been mentioned that there would not be any pro only games released. Just look at it as a higher level spec system kind of like there are different levels of PC's playing the same games currently.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The pro is just another addition to the ps4 family not a replacement. If that was the goal to be a replacement we would not have seen the release of the slim. It has also been mentioned that there would not be any pro only games released. Just look at it as a higher level spec system kind of like there are different levels of PC's playing the same games currently.
I understand the similarities to PC gaming and that is the reason why I play on console to avoid that type of issue. I want a console cycle to be the same hardware specs throughout. If I wanted to have tiered gaming I'd have stuck with PC. I don't want to have to shell out another $400+ to Sony in order to get the best gaming experience for future PS4 games.

I'd be less upset if SONY came out and explained that this was going to be their new approach to console generations prior to the release of the PS4, but unfortunately this was not the case and I feel that the millions of early adopters have been slapped in the face.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I understand the similarities to PC gaming and that is the reason why I play on console to avoid that type of issue. I want a console cycle to be the same hardware specs throughout. If I wanted to have tiered gaming I'd have stuck with PC. I don't want to have to shell out another $400+ to Sony in order to get the best gaming experience for future PS4 games.

I'd be less upset if SONY came out and explained that this was going to be their new approach to console generations prior to the release of the PS4, but unfortunately this was not the case and I feel that the millions of early adopters have been slapped in the face.
I dont think your enjoyment of the Show on a regular PS4 will be any more of what it would be if there were no PS4 Pro .

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

I think the truth is that you will be playing an inferior version at least visually. The FPS should also be increased offline. Sony claims that they will try to achieve parity as much as possible but the pro is twice as powerful so we can all do the math. I hear you and part of me hates this mid cycle upgrade crap. Honestly thought, another part of me welcomes more horsepower for the show. It looks and moves great already but it could definitely use improvement (nothing is perfect).
Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
PS4 pro?

Bring it. Consoles are heading in the same direction as smartphone cycles I think (2 years). And ofcourse this is also a move by Sony to help (4k) tv sales although I cant wrap my head around the fact the PRO won't have 4k blu-ray support! What the .... sony!

So lets talk about what the pro could do for the Show.
-I hope we can finally say goodbye to the flat green grass while batting and pitching.
-better HDR
-dynamic weather: overcast to clouds breaking open etc.
-more real life like hair
-better cloth physics
-probably not PRO related but please get rid of tags through players, this is at its worst during pick-offs at firstbase.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 09-22-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Bring it. Consoles are heading in the same direction as smartphone cycles I think (2 years). And ofcourse this is also a move by Sony to help (4k) tv sales although I cant wrap my head around the fact the PRO won't have 4k blu-ray support! What the .... sony!

So lets talk about what the pro could do for the Show.
-I hope we can finally say goodbye to the flat green grass while batting and pitching.
-better HDR
-dynamic weather: overcast to clouds breaking open etc.
-more real life like hair
-better cloth physics
-probably not PRO related but please get rid of tags through players, this is at its worst during pick-offs at firstbase.
I'm excited for all of these things! I just wish I didn't have to buy another ps4 to get it. For as much as I love MLB 16...if this is the peak on this console It was kind of a rip off.

Look back at how far the show went on ps3. I was hoping that would be the case for ps4. I admit it may be like that, but I worry the power of the ps4 pro will make sony overlook unlocking the true potential of the original ps4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »