Home

Extra inning shenanigans

This is a discussion on Extra inning shenanigans within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Extra inning shenanigans

I really don't mind losing a game fair and square (and I absolutely love MLB The Show) but I feel like I've been cheated three times in extra innings.

I saved a game that was tied 1-1 in the 11th because I ran out of time and when I came back to finish it took a two run lead in the top of the 12th and left the bases loaded. Awesome, I thought. Until I gave up a walk off three run homer in the bottom of the 12th after the CPU put two on base - the first, thanks to a horrible fielding error.

When I loaded up my save game again and gave it another try, I ended up taking a one run lead in the top of the 13th after hitting a home run but didn't score again. Still, a 2-1 lead. The CPU's first hitter in the bottom of the 13th gets a triple thanks to the RF completely ignoring the ball as it dropped right in front of him. The second hitter swung and missed, but on an attempted steal for homeplate from 3rd, the catcher (who had the ball in his hand) completely missed tagging the baserunner who levelled it up 2-2. This time it stayed tied until the CPU scored another walk off homer the next inning. In the meantime, all I was hitting were infield ground balls.

I don't need to tell you what happened at the third attempt...

Like I said, I love this game and maybe I've not been "cheated" as such, but it's frustrating that if feels like there's obviously no way I am meant to win this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Extra inning shenanigans

I would venture to bet that if you kept trying there would be a time that you won the game. Just because you lost, what 3 times in a row, doesn't equate to their being a code that predetermines the outcomes of the games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would venture to bet that if you kept trying there would be a time that you won the game. Just because you lost, what 3 times in a row, doesn't equate to their being a code that predetermines the outcomes of the games.
True, I hinted as much in my closing sentence but it's frustrating. I need to get better.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I agree its frustrating losing the close, 50/50 ballgames.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-24-2016, 07:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 27

It's baseball man. It happens. I am going through a rough spell myself at the moment. Heading into the All-Star break I had won a shocking 17 straight games. Never done that before. I was making comebacks left and right and my confidence was through the roof.

Lately? In my last 15 games post All-Star break I am 7-8 and currently on a 5 game losing streak. I have only scored 10 runs in those 5 losses and have struck out a whopping 46 times. I feel like I can't buy a win right now. Luckily I have a huge division lead and a 68-36 record heading to the trade deadline.

The ebbs and flows of the great game of baseball.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #6
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I won, attempt number four. Three runs in the top of the 13th did the job, despite the CPU loading the bases and scoring 1 in the bottom. That's the only mulligan I'm allowing myself.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 09-24-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #7
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I hit a GS in the top of Xtra once and gave up five runs to lose the game in the bottom half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »