Home

Ginny Baker

This is a discussion on Ginny Baker within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #1
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0
Ginny Baker

I just recently started watching the new baseball TV show about a fictional female pitcher in the MLB and it made me start to think about how awesome it would be to see Ginny Baker in the game as an facescanned player like the 'Michael King' easter egg you've likely seen. I'm just wondering what y'all think about this idea.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 03:03 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ginny Baker

Heh - sure, why not?

Reminds me that girl in Madden 12 (I think it was 12)...Hope Bromley I think her name was. Though, I know she's a real woman, but not a real player

I would create Eri Yoshida...but having a "girl" with a man's body and face would take some getting used to
Old 10-18-2016, 03:06 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

It would be nice to be able to facescan anyone we wanted into the game . As for Baker she would fit perfectly into one of the fictional rosters so it would be cool to have her in the game .

A Work in Progress
Old 10-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

I'd be all for that and trying to play as her in a Road To The Show career.

They actually showed some of her teammates playing MLB The Show in a locker room scene, so it'd be cool if the show and Sony would team up to release her as a player in a roster update.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
Pro

As long as she would not show up as a randomly generated player in franchise, DD or RTTS or whatever, I'm fine with it.

The Show is about baseball simulation and since there are no female players in MLB, there should be none in The Show unless it's an Easter egg that my curmudgeon *** would never see anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'd be down for a female option in create a player, and I'd be even more down if she were one of the default options.

On a side note, haven't seen the show yet, but I am interested. Any good? It is an interesting premise but I'm worried that, like all serialized TV these days, it'll just devolve into a high production soap with a baseball skin. I mean how do shows about cops, firefighters and doctors all become about who is sleeping with who? Are writers so creatively bankrupt that they cannot create tension and excitement without that?

Sorry about my rant I know it's off topic.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Stout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I'd be down for a female option in create a player, and I'd be even more down if she were one of the default options.

On a side note, haven't seen the show yet, but I am interested. Any good? It is an interesting premise but I'm worried that, like all serialized TV these days, it'll just devolve into a high production soap with a baseball skin. I mean how do shows about cops, firefighters and doctors all become about who is sleeping with who? Are writers so creatively bankrupt that they cannot create tension and excitement without that?

Sorry about my rant I know it's off topic.
It's good but suffers from a couple major cliches; reliances on flashbacks, the need to shoehorn love subplots, etc but the acting is well done. The chick who does Ginny is great, the guy from Saved by the Bell who's the catcher gets it done, and Dontrelle Willis kicks *** in his cameo. I'd definitely recommend it. If you have Xfinity all the eps are on demand.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I still can't believe Lawson used to be Zach Morris.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »