Home

Batting Analysis Screen

This is a discussion on Batting Analysis Screen within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Batting Analysis Screen

Okay so I've currently started keeping detailed stats per game in my Dodger's fantasy chise in an attempt to get a fairly consistent close to MLB averages slider set-up.

I'm doing this by keeping track of all the stats and comparing them to MLB averages, then using Bobhead's detailed slider explanations to try and shave down any abnormalities.

If you've never read his thread on sliders you can find it here (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html). If you've never read I extremely urge/suggest you do.

Anyway a part of this is keeping track of fly ball, ground ball, and line drive percentages. I've been getting these numbers from the batting analysis screen after games.

However in one of my last games I turned on a pitch with Pedroia and absolutely hammered a screaming liner down the left field line. Unfortunately it was right at the third basemen which he caught chest high for an out. Afterwards I went to the batter analysis screen to check the hit chance and timing on the swing as I sometimes do.

The problem is according to the analysis screen Pedroia has hit no line drive, the only out he has recorded in the analysis is classified as a grounder. It was his first at bat so no chance for me to have looked at the wrong pitch since there was only one colored red (to signify an out).

So how is a hit that was hit that hard, caught in the air chest high by the third baseman, and that never hit the ground classified as a grounder? I know that what constitutes flyballs, liners and the like is subjective. But this makes no sense.

Now to iterate I love these analysis screens they give us. However this is a pretty glaring problem with the system for those of us that use this significantly to for lack of a better word "analyse" the game.

What do you all think? And have you seen anything else resembling this, or any other problems within the analysis screens?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 02:33 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Batting Analysis Screen

I've not seen that (or noticed it in my tracking, I admit to not checking every ball as it's put in play, just after the game).

I have seen the batter analysis not agreeing with the contact feedback. Feedback says I hit a liner but analysis called it a fly ball (only reason I checked is because it looked like a fly ball to the eye and I got happy because FB BABIP is something of a crusade for me, but then feedback say LD - so I check analysis and it said FB lol). When there's a difference, I go by analysis screen. But then I've never seen/notice what you mentioned.

I've seen feedback calling one of those "liners that one hop barely before the fielders glove so close that you can't see it bounce" as a line drive in the feedback, but of course grounders in the analysis screen.

I don't think (or at least hope) it's not enough to really skew results, especially for these purposes. It's probably still going to give "close enough" results and still valuable data.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:40 AM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Batting Analysis Screen

I agree that hopefully it's not enough to really skew the results for these purposes.

That's kinda one reason I wanted to pay about it though, just on the of chance that it's actually happening more than I would like to believe. On any chance it really shouldn't be to hard for them to adjust this in coming versions. Wouldn't be to hard to program that balls that never hit the ground are not grounders lol.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »