Home

PSVR support

This is a discussion on PSVR support within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PSVR support

I have a PSVR headset, it is amazing, is there any news of MLB The Show supporting VR? HAving a VR mode would be epic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Pro

Re: PSVR support

We're getting the first MLB 17 news tomorrow. The only guaranteed thing we'll know is who the cover athlete is.

I hope they don't support PSVR. It seems like it would be really resource intensive to get up and running for little gain to overall gameplay. I would think it'd be a gee whiz thing where you go, that's neat, and go back to playing the regular way.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
We're getting the first MLB 17 news tomorrow. The only guaranteed thing we'll know is who the cover athlete is.

I hope they don't support PSVR. It seems like it would be really resource intensive to get up and running for little gain to overall gameplay. I would think it'd be a gee whiz thing where you go, that's neat, and go back to playing the regular way.
No offense, but you are insanely ignorant, and are clueless about VR, it is a total paradigm shift and will be the future of games, it is not just a gimmick you get bored of in 5 minutes.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
Pro

I don't see myself swinging the bat in VR. We don't even have a first person mode. It seems that there are so many things in this series that could be fixed or improved that it doesn't make sense to spend time on implementing a VR mode that will result in poorer graphics.

This game doesn't even run at 60 FPS, which is the minimum you need for VR (which then has to be reprojected, as they call it, to 120 FPS). I gotta be honest, when I tried PSVR the jaggies really took me out of the experience.

I did in fact get bored of it in 5 minutes. The games are genuinely impressive tech demos that are good for a lark, but it has a gimmicky Kinect feeling all over it.

Last edited by Spokker; 10-26-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #5
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
No offense, but you are insanely ignorant, and are clueless about VR, it is a total paradigm shift and will be the future of games, it is not just a gimmick you get bored of in 5 minutes.
Sounds like someone trying to justify their PSVR purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
Lets leave the personal insults out of this. Only warning.

I happen to agree with him as well. I appreciate your opinion on what you want but I personally have no desire to play any game in virtual reality.

If they support it great and I wouldn't be shocked if they did at some point but let's not pretend like your opinion is the only one that counts and that those who disagree are insanely ignorant.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have to agree also. I can barely handle getting the controller to do what I want let alone trying to virtually swing, run, throw and catch. It may go to a version like that one day, I just hope it isn't to soon. Just my $.02

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Sounds like someone trying to justify their PSVR purchase.
What ever makes you sleep at night....the tech is amazing I don't need to justify anything, a few hundred dollasrs is not much of anything, i'm not poor, ignorance is bliss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »