Home

MLB The Show 17 Standard, MVP, Digital Deluxe & Hall of Fame Editions Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Standard, MVP, Digital Deluxe & Hall of Fame Editions Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #57
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 17 Standard, MVP, Digital Deluxe & Hall of Fame Editions Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The biggest reason why you may be "left" with the same player models is the fact that if they re-do the player models, then they have to re-capture all the animations in the game. That is not a small undertaking.
And that will create other issues/bugs and the same people will be back complaining or saying "what are they doing over there at SCEA".Then Ramone will come in and give an explination and some user will come back with words like "port" or the phrase "no excuses" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Ripping code out and putting new things in will always have it's issues, but for whatever reason some people on these boards (specifically) live in denial and act like that doesn't exist.

For those who may take what I said out of context......NO! I'm not saying the game doesn't need new player models. I do believe they could use some work (Adding better body types/muscle types would help) nothing drastic though. all I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #58
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Standard, MVP, Digital Deluxe & Hall of Fame Editions Revealed

So...what is really wrong with the current player models anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
So...what is really wrong with the current player models anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly the player models don't bother me. I think they are fine how they are.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #60
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
And that will create other issues/bugs and the same people will be back complaining or saying "what are they doing over there at SCEA".Then Ramone will come in and give an explination and some user will come back with words like "port" or the phrase "no excuses" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Ripping code out and putting new things in will always have it's issues, but for whatever reason some people on these boards (specifically) live in denial and act like that doesn't exist.
It's gotten to the point where the game either has to be perfect, or its broken, the devs are lazy, don't care, aren't smart enough to do the job, or don't know baseball.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #61
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I also firmly believe that a lot of people are way over estimating the amount of resources the PS3 version took from the developing team. I don't think that just because they are not making a PS3 version are we automatically going to see the PS4 version jump massively in quality or features. It is not this magic finite thing that increases exponentially thru cause and effect. Sure it is time that can be put somewhere else, but I don't think it is as big of a factor as some folks on here seem to think it is.

I of course could be completely wrong, but thats the fun of it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 07:12 PM   #62
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I also firmly believe that a lot of people are way over estimating the amount of resources the PS3 version took from the developing team. I don't think that just because they are not making a PS3 version are we automatically going to see the PS4 version jump massively in quality or features. It is not this magic finite thing that increases exponentially thru cause and effect. Sure it is time that can be put somewhere else, but I don't think it is as big of a factor as some folks on here seem to think it is.

I of course could be completely wrong, but thats the fun of it.
Can't wait to see the, "Why isn't _________ in this year? There is no PS3 version to take away resources. What did the devs actually do this year? SMH....lazy." posts.

Last edited by countryboy; 11-20-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #63
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Can't wait to see the, "Why isn't _________ in this year? There is no PS3 version to take away resources. What did the devs actually do this year? SMH....lazy." posts.
It'll start right after the first blog drops or first tidbit of info we get. Wait until they reveal stadiums and people get upset their "info" they submitted in the stadium thread doesn't make it in, even though Ramone specifically stated not all the changes would make it in. That'll be one of many examples as you already know. They'll start floating words like lazy, crappy, atrocious, horrible, port, they don't know anything, this is a joke etc......
Old 11-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #64
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

My favorites are the "this has to change because I said so, I don't like it or it doesn't work the way I want it to, so it's all broken." Just love the "it's broken" stance.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »