Home

MLB The Show 17 PlayStation 4 Only (No PlayStation 3 Version)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 PlayStation 4 Only (No PlayStation 3 Version) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 PlayStation 4 Only (No PlayStation 3 Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I just hope it's not graphics. So far, I've only heard people talking about graphics improvements.

Gameplay improvements are needed as are AI improvements.

I am one of those PS3 people that will be culled, but if it's just graphics improvements, I won't be tempted to get a PS4 just for this game.
The Show 16 will probably be the last version that I will play. I will not buy a PS4 just to play 17. The new version would virtually have to move mountains in its upgrade for that to even be considered. I have spent a lot of hours with The Show 13, 15 and now 16. I have enjoyed that time. But as long as my PS3 can be used to view Netflix, YouTube, and play Blu-ray, I am fine with it. I am 55 years old. Gameplay, strategic AI and presentation are most important to me, not graphics. There are other franchises that I will consider. I am also a full-time musician. Maybe I will devote my time to finally record my opus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 10:14 PM   #66
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Good news for most of us, but bad news for PS3 only folks.

I would like to see them reinvest any manpower that would've been used on the PS3 version into developing a create-a-team/stadium feature for an eventual expansion mode in '18 or '19.
not really as with player edit the way it is PS3 users can still keep up at lease roster wise the only thing we miss is the braves new stadium

and now i can finally tell my dad the PS3 is slowly ending hopefully nba2k follows suit

and unlike madden nba 2k i can start my ps4 baseball with this where i will have to buy a few maddeds nba 2k games
Old 11-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #67
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
The Show 16 will probably be the last version that I will play. I will not buy a PS4 just to play 17. The new version would virtually have to move mountains in its upgrade for that to even be considered. I have spent a lot of hours with The Show 13, 15 and now 16. I have enjoyed that time. But as long as my PS3 can be used to view Netflix, YouTube, and play Blu-ray, I am fine with it. I am 55 years old. Gameplay, strategic AI and presentation are most important to me, not graphics. There are other franchises that I will consider. I am also a full-time musician. Maybe I will devote my time to finally record my opus.
you tube on ps3 is great if u like NBA u can get that too
Old 11-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #68
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Truth is truth bud. The PS3 is a decade old system with not even a full 512MB RAM for graphics. No modern developer in their right mind would want to touch a pile of junk like that much LESS have to develop a new game based on those specs for the bottom line.

Nevermind having to do separate art assets and all that other jazz because the PS3 is a pile of old junk. I mean seriously, the system is as good as dead. I'm elated that it no longer will be a part of The Show ever again.
only thing the ps3 is good for now is free online play and NCAA Football 14
Old 11-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #69
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
There are very few things anyone could do more of on the PS3 at this point. Especially, without interfering with the PS4 version now. Last gen and its hazy carryover lasted almost a decade. It's definitely time to move on.
u must not like Ncaa Football 14
Old 11-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #70
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
AI, gameplay, et cetera have no chance in heck to improve much on decade old hardware. Your age means nothing. You date yourself because you think it is necessary that older people somehow don't care? I will be that age some day, and yet I will still yearn for the best experience possible.

It's very much fine you are okay with the PS3. But the PS3 is a decade old. It's ancient technology, and it's not even very good technology at that. The GPU is terrible. The system held back gaming for years. Everything you mentioned is improved with better processing power. That point isn't even arguable.

Pick a PS4 up for cheap when you can. Or don't at all. But you will be missing out on great experiences that is for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »